Chapter 8

First update of the Year!!!🐕🐩🐶
#524 in Romance!

Thank you very much guys!!!😂😂😂  (wiping tears)

Athena's POV

"I'll do it." I reached for the tweezer and began pulling out the glass in my leg. Ouch! It stings! I bit my lower lip to refrain myself from screaming. The cut is not that big, maybe an inch but it still sting you know. 

After I clean and put an ointment to the cut, I stood and made my way to return the kit and tweezer to their places. And threw the used things together with the piece of glass, in the trash.

Tyler was nowhere to be found when I went back to the bed.  Disappointment filled me. I thought he'll stay in our bed tonight to make up for what he had done, unintentionally. Yeah, I know that he didn't meant to hurt me, the piece of glass was just stubborn and wanted to cut my leg.

Maybe he really doesn't care about me. 😢

I didn't expect Lora to do this to me. I'm helping her! For her son! Damn it! My plan needs to be done as soon as possible. I need to strive more now so that Tyler will fall for her. I need to get away. I don't think he'll look for me after what happened tonight. He's mad at me so it's easy to ignite that fire by provoking him. But I need help.

Derek. Yeah, he's a good friend and I know he'll help me. And I need to apologize to him from our last encounter. I wonder why he didn't contact me. Perhaps he's busy getting what he said he left here. Should I bother him? Or is he still here? I don't know anyone that could help me.

Huh! I really need his help. I hope he's still here.

I reached for my phone and scrolled my contacts.

***
"Thank you so much for doing this, I owe you." I said to Derek when we entered the car after he put my luggage in the compartment. He parked outside our house. I called the guards of the subdivision to let him in.

"Anything for you Athena." He answered then started the car. By the way, it's two o'clock in the morning. I packed my things right after I called Derek then waited for the right time. At one o'clock I heard Lora summoning Tyler to bed because their son is crying, looking for him, and when I'm sure that they are sleeping, I called Derek, who is waiting patiently, two blocks away from the gate of the subdivision, to come and fetch me.

"Now, tell me, what happened? Why are you limping a while ago?And why are your eyes swollen? Did he hurt you?" Derek asked after a couple minutes of silence. He's getting agitated. Always the interrogative one. I sighed.

"Can we talk about it later?" I pleaded.

"Alright, but you better tell me everything." He emphasized the word everything.

"Yeah." But I can't tell you everything Derek. I can't tell you the blackmail. I'm sorry.

"We're here." He declared after thirty minutes. We went out of the rented car, walked inside the airport and waited for our flight. Yeah, we're flying. Where? To the Philippines.

"Are you sure it's okay if you leave? I mean, how about the thing that you left here that you're suppose to get?" I asked him.When I called him a while ago, he said he hadn't made a move yet to get what he wanted due to unexpected circumstances and he's in the stage of deciding whether he'll pursue it or not.

"Yeah, you need me and I won't neglect you, Athena, never." He said looking straight into my eyes. We are seated beside each other at the waiting area of the airport. "Plus, maybe I need this in making my decision, if I'll pursue it or not." He continued then looked away. Huh? I think his words has deeper meaning, but perhaps, it's just me overthinking.

"Okay. Thank you again, Derek." Then I hugged him out of gratitude.

"I should be the one thanking you Athena." He hugged me back.

"What do you mean?" I asked breaking the hug.

"Ah..." He cleared his throat. "I-I mean, I-I need this break... to-to think and r-relax from work.... Yeah, that's it. I... n-need this vacation too." He slightly stutter, while not looking at me. Wierd.

"Okay." We went silent after that, both busy in our own thoughts.

I need to call my assisstant later and brief her.

***
"That bastard! Why didn't you tell me earlier so that I broke his fu¢king face?! How dare he do this to you! I won't let him get you again! Why are you still with him?!" Derek is fuming after I told him everything, well except the blackmail part, that's why he can't understand why I'm still with Tyler.

We arrived here at the Philippines four hours ago. We checked in a hotel and got separate rooms. He went here in my room after we took a nap and freshened up, then demanded, I spill it all out. So I did.

"He's still my husband." I defended lamely. My eyes continuously leaking tears.

"That's it?! You can apply for divorce! For fu¢k's sake!" He looked directly into my eyes as if realizing something, then exhaled deeply and asked. "Or you love him? Do you Athena? That's why you can't leave him?" He almost whispered, as if afraid to hear my answer.

"I.... I don't know." I lied looking at the floor. He chuckled. I glanced up at him.

"You do." He said bitterly and sadly.  He shook his head then sat on the couch. "You do." He repeated in a lower voice as if it was meant for himself only. I sobbed harder, putting my hands on my face then leaned my elbows on my knees.

"But he has a son.... who needs his parents... that's why I'm doing this..." I felt Derek moved to my side then hugged me.

"Shhh.... I'm here spaghetti..." He kissed my head. "I will help you get out of this fu¢ked up situation.... I promise.... I won't leave you..." I welcomed his embraced and leaned more on his chest whilst my hands are still covering my face.

"Thank... (hiccup) you..." Then I moved my arms around him, embraced him back and cried more on his chest. I'm very thankful for having a friend like him.

"Anything for you, Athena, anything..." He cooed.

-----_-----_-----
January 3, 2018- 9:33am

Stay tune loves!!!
Next chapter might be up soon 😉
I'm gonna start it now...📝