Epilogue part 1

Athena’s POV

“Mary, please recheck everything tomorrow.” I asked the team leader politely.

“Sure Ma’am.” She answered then I heard a chuckle. I turned and saw Tyler silently asking her to leave us alone. “If you’ll excuse me, Ma’am?” She asked me.

“Alright, have a good night Mary.” I smiled at her and she wished us the same before leaving. “And what are you chuckling at Mister?” I asked Tyler who is now in front of me and in the process of embracing me, his arms snaked on my back.

“Baby, stop worrying, you need to relax and give the team a break as well, everything is already done.” He gave me a peck on the lips. I sighed.

“I just want to be sure that everything needed is there and is done correctly.” I reasoned. He chuckled again.

“And they already are. You already asked poor Mary to recheck everything for the fourth time since three days ago, baby.” He assured me.

“But-“

“And that’s why I hired the best of the best so you won’t be stressed yet you still are.” He lifted me by the waist and I raked my legs around his waist and intertwining my hands at the back of his head. “Besides the event will be in a week, they can recheck everything again two days before, okay? I don’t want you stressing yourself, baby.” He squeezed my butt and I gasped.

“Okay, daddy.” I smiled sweetly and he groaned.

“Damn, you made me hard just by calling me that, baby girl.” He lowered his head on my neck.

“Daddy!” He groaned again because he doesn’t even reach my neck, I giggled.

“Daddy! Daddy! Look!” He turned to his right. “Mama bought me a new toy! It’s awesome!” Jaylo showed the drone I bought him this morning. I removed myself from him and he glared at me disapprovingly.

“Uh huh, let me see that buddy.” He took the toy from our son. I left them playing and went to our child’s room.

Maybe you’re wondering what the event is. Well they are three events actually, first our church wedding, the next day will be our child’s christening and on the third day, our child’s first birthday. Yeah, it’s been more than a year since we went back here in New York and I can say that everything is going well on our family as well as on our businesses. I found out that the new investor which took the thirty percent shares was just a front of Tyler. He said that he doesn’t want me to know because surely, I will decline, so according to him, it’s the solution that he thought in order to help me. I remembered crying that day, because I didn’t expect him to care so much for me even during our rough times. I didn’t even know that he knew about my crisis. Going back to the events, it will be held at the Philippines at my resort. Tyler rented a public transport airplane so that all the guests will be comfortable and we will all be accommodated in the hotel.

***

I woke up at the middle of the night due to thirstiness. I slowly removed Tyler’s hand on my stomach. He moved and lay on his back. I stood, put on my robe and headed to the bedroom door. I left the door opened and walked on the hallway when I heard sounds. I furrowed my brows and walked to the direction of the noise and saw Jaylo’s door is slightly opened. I tiptoed when I recognized that the noise are shushed voices.

“No! I am your daddy and not that bastard!” A guy hissed at crying Jaylo. I can’t see his face because his back is facing me. All I can make out in the dark room is that he is bulky. He is wearing a hat so I can’t see his hair as well.

“N-nooo… (hiccup)” Jaylo answered, his face is wet with tears. He is scared. What will I do?  Tyler! I removed my slippers and held it before going back to our bedroom. I didn’t closed the door in order to avoid making noises.