Chapter 26

Rank #159! Thanks guys!

Athena's POV

"I can't..." His face turned into sadness. Yeah, a part of me feels happy but I should know better than to let my heart dictate my decision again.

Knock, knock, knock...

"Come in." Vince's head showed.

"Time for lunch, beautiful. You wouldn't want to starve our baby, yeah?" I smiled.

"Coming, pretty boy." I stood and glanced at my unmoving ex-husband. "Tyler..." I noticed his jaw and hands on his knees were clenching. He looked at me, rather glared at me for about three seconds before standing and carrying me bridal style. I was shocked.

"I can walk you know." He moved his face closer to mine.

"We wouldn't want to hurt our baby now, right sweetheart?" Then pecked me on the lips!

"Uhm... We'll wait downstairs." Vince said then left. I glanced at Tyler and he's smirking at the direction where Vince was! Possessive as ever! I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"We better get going and feed our baby." I mocked him. He glanced down at me and his eyes darkened but didn't dare utter a word.

He walked down to the dining area, pulled a chair for me before sitting on my right side. Manang Sabel and Vince on the opposite side. Manang Sabel and Tyler sat opposite to each other, then Vince and me as well. My favorite Filipino dish, tinolang manok with papaya and sotanghon is on the table as well as steamed lobster and rice. Since I went here Manang Sabel offered to cook me Filipino dishes plus rice and I affirmed. It's great! So now, I'm in love with their food.

"Manang Sabel, where is Manuel?" Manuel is my other bodyguard, who's on duty. I wonder how Tyler passed him a while ago.

"Oh, he's sick, ma'am." I nodded my head.

"So, where is he now?"

"At the backyard ma'am. Don't worry about him, he'll be fine."

"Are you sure? Maybe he should go to the hospital?" I asked worried.

"Beautiful, no need to worry. He's okay. Don't stress yourself for our baby, yeah?" Vince told me. I felt the silent Tyler tensed beside me. I glanced at him and he's staring daggers to Vince, whose eyes are trained on me.

"Okay." I agreed reluctantly. Well, you know, I have this close relationship with my employees. For me, they are family. I told Manang Sabel not to call ne "ma'am" because she's like my mother but she insisted in calling me so. She joked that if she'll call me "anak", which means "a child someone gave birth to or a common name for son/daughter", they might thought that I'm Vince's wife.

"Oh beautiful, some papers need your autograph and I brought them here so you don't have to go to the resort." Vince inform me.

"Thanks, pretty boy." I'm lucky to have caring employees.

After lunch, Vince, Tyler and me went to my office upstairs. Vince put the documents on my table and told me that Manuel has LBM That explains his absence at the front door and he being in the backyard instead of resting in bed.

"See you later, beautiful. You and our baby take care, huh?"

"Yes, pretty boy." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Call me if you need anything." He said while having a stare off with Tyler then left the room. Tyler went to lock the door immediately while I sat on my chair, behind the desk. He turned to me with a hard stare. Oh, I know that look.

"Who the fuck is that?!" He hissed while his right hand pointed towards the door where Vince walked. I sighed.

"It's really none of your business. So you have the right to not mind it, Mr. Kent." I leaned back on my chair, gently caressing my tummy with my right hand, whereas, my left arm on the arm rest. His breathings are deep and I know he's trying to control himself. Suddenly, he turned to the wall and punched it numerous times using both of his hands simultaneously.

"Stop it!" I said when he hit the poor wall four times. And of course, he didn't listen. I sighed and let him bent out his frustrations on the wall. He's jealous. And I can't help feeling glee about it.

"Tell me! Who is he to you?! Why are you flirting with him?!" He hissed after punching the wall for almost a minute with bloody knuckles. I didn't answer because I might regret the words that'll come out of my mouth. All I wanna do now is stood, walk to him in order to hug him tightly and kiss him passionately, for him to realize that he doesn't have to be jealous because I still love him, very fucking much! I tightened my hold on the armrest and on my tummy to stop myself from doing something that I shouldn't.

"Why did he call our baby, "our"?! He stood there with his fist clenched while breathing heavily. I closed my eyes and exhaled to calm my heart.

"Are you really stressing me with your jealousy? Because I don't need it right now." I said calmly. He walked towards my right side, knelt and put his hands on the armrest, gripping it tightly.

"Sweetheart, please take me back. Let's start a new, please." His face no longer angry, rather, it showcased hurt, love and plead.

"My answer is still the same." I said in a monotone, my eyes on the door, for I'm afraid he'll see my real feelings through my eyes that my heart is aching and yearning for him. He took my right hand from my tummy with both of his hands and kissed each knuckle while staring straightly in my eyes. I tugged my hand back but he held it firmly.

"Please, sweetheart..." He moved his right hand to carress my tummy. "Our baby needs a complete and a happy family..." Now, he's using my words.

"It's another story, Tyler." He shook his head before returning his intense gaze at me.

"It isn't."

"And where is your son between this chaos now?" I asked curiously.

"He's in my custody. He's under the care of his nanny."

"He needs you now, more than ever." He frowned.

"And our baby needs me now as well." He reasoned.

"Tyler, look. I don't forbid you to visit, okay? I know it's your right and I'm not that narrow minded. You should go back to your son." He shook his head.

"But I don't want to just visit. Athena, please, come back to me baby." I can't believe that the wealthiest man in New York is begging for me continuously.

"No, Tyler. I can't. Please understand-"

"Do you still love me?" He cut me off and at the same caught me off guard by this single query. What should I tell him?!

"That's not the topic here-"

"Do you still love me?" He cut me off again, asking more firmly. His right hand moved and cupped my left cheek, he knelt straightly and moved his face closer and stared deeply in my eyes as if looking for the truth himself.

"Tyler..." I whispered, my body shivered from his touch making me weak.

"Answer me, baby." My heart jumped at the sweetness of his voice. Damn!

"Y-yes..." In a swift movement, his lips crashed into mine.

Oh my gracious! How I missed these luscious lips of his.

-----_-----_-----
April 9, 2018 - 7:58am

Sorry for the mistakes. I got dizzy finishing it and I'm gonna head back to bed and rest.

Have a nice day!

Hope you enjoyed.