Chapter 22

Rank #242 in Romance
March 27, 2018

That's OUR Highest Ranking guys!

Thank you so much!!! It's all because of you!!! I'm so grateful!!!

Athena's POV

"What happened? Are you alright?" Tyler barged into my room with a panic look in his face then sat on the side of my bed were I am currently laying down. "Fu¢k! Do you know who did this?!" His eyes darkened in anger while softly caressing my bruised cheek.

"The physical pain subsided due to pain relivers. I don't know who they were but the police are working on them. They just broke in and destroyed my things and..." Should I tell him about the message?

"And?" He said looking straightly into my eyes.

"Hurt me." There's no need to tell him. It's my problem and he's just a friend, not even a close one, if I'm being honest. It doesn't concern him. His face was suddenly filled with rage snd regret upon hearing it.

"I'm sorry, I left you-"

"It's not your fault, unless you're the one who commanded them." I cut him off and tried to lighten up the atmosphere, but instead of that, his facial expression turned into confusion.

"Comnanded? So you think someone sent them...?" He contemplated for a while. "They broke things and did not get anything then they hurt you. So it's really you, they are after to. "Did they tell you anything?" Always wise.

"Uhmmm..." I hesitated.

"Athena..." He warned. I sighed.

"One of them said that this is a warning and I should stay away from someone's property." His jaw clenched then he stood.

"Are you doing illegal business?" He started pacing the room, thinking. His right hand on his chin.

"What?! No!" I sat to lean back on the headboard. He hastily came to me and assisted me in sitting.

"Easy... you might hurt yourself." He said in a concerned way.

"I'm fine Tyler... just a bruise on the face and stomach."

"Stomach?!" He quickly lifted my shirt and his eyes narrowed into slits. I changed into a shirt and cotton shorts after the medics and police left. "I'm gonna kill them." He said dangerously low. "Why didn't they take you to the hospital?" He said irritated.

"Because I don't want to. Look Tyler, I'm fine. You should go back to your... son." His face showcased hurt.

"You're getting rid of me." His voice laced hurt.

"No! I meant your son needs you right? A-and... I wan to rest..." He didn't budge.

"What property are they referring to?" He asked seriously. I shrugged.

"I don't know." I shook my head and felt tired. "Tyler, I wanna rest please." He sighed.

"Fine. But you'll call me when you heard suspicious actions, again, okay?"

"Yeah... by the way, how did you know?" I asked curiously.

"De la Vega called me."

"Oh... okay..."

"You sure you're okay? I can stay until the cleaning service are done." He said referring to the team who are cleaning my house at the moment.

"You don't have to. Your son needs you." He sighed then kissed my forehead.