Chapter 20

Athena's POV

"I love you Ms. Athena Stark..." He confirmed. My heart beats faster and I was speechless. "And I will do everything for you to forgive me. Please, forgive me." He kissed the back of my hand that he's holding. I only nodded. "Is that a yes?" He asked hopefully. I nodded again. "Please answer me, Athena." He begged.

"Y-yes... I forgive you..." I almost whispered my heart still beating fastly. Damn! I've waited for so long to hear that! 'But you're not a couple anymore! He has a damn son and a slut! I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. Get yourself together, woman!

"Really?!" He asked happily.

"Yeah... but not as BFF..." I said seriously.

"It's okay. I understand. Thank you Athena!" He hugged me and just then, my stomach grumbled. Nice timing! He chuckle and pulled away. "I guess we need to feed your little friends there, yeah?" He teases me and I rolled my eyes.

Ring... ring... ring...

His phone rang, in the middle of our brunch.

"Why?" He stood and went to living room. I continued eating because I'm famished.

"Hey, I gotto go." He said hurriedly after less than a minute! Whoa... that must be an emergency.

"Is everything okay?" He hesitated before answering.

"Y-yeah..  it's just that Jaylo is crying and looking for me." Oh... so it's the slut. I felt a pinched in my heart.

"Kay..." I said nonchalantly and continued eating. Tyler sat next to me.

"Hey..." I glanced at him then went back to stuffing my mouth with spaghetti. "We're okay right?" He asked nervously.

"Of course." I said not looking at him.  He sighed then stood and kissed the side of my head. I closed my eyes as tears starting to form. Why am I feeling hurt? Damn it! 'He's not your husband anymore!'

"Take care." I only nodded but kept my head down on my food so that he wouldn't see my teary eyes and hurt expression. Again, I heard him sigh before leaving.

Fuck him! He said he loves me but one call from his bitch and he's like a lost puppy running back to her!

I washed the dishes then headed to my office room here in my house to review the applications of willing investors in my project at the Philippines.

***
Blag!

What's that? I was brought out of my concentration on the file I'm currently reading.

Blag! Blag!