Chapter 2

Dedicated to zaravioleee

Vote, Comment, Add, & Recommend to others! 😘

Athena's POV

"There's the perfect couple!" Mr. Paz, an old, bald businessman, greeted us with a broad smile on his face. He's with a woman who's half his age, so assuming that she's his new mistress would be safe. You know, being a wealthy widower, gives him the freedom to do so. In fact, his kind is not unique in the world of rich men, almost all of them are manwhore, married or not, widower or not, only handful are loyal to their girlfriends and wives, and if you ask me where my husband stands? Well, I thought in the latter. I mean we married for the sake of convenience. However, I'm thankful that I didn't caught him yet.

Anyways, maybe you're wondering why we are called the perfect couple? According to them, me and Tyler are wealthy, so our money is at safe. What's happening in the world?! Most people are all about money, money and more money! What about true love?

"Can I enter in your own world?" Tyler whispered in my ear. I looked at him and in front of me only to discover that Mr. Paz is gone. Oh, I zoned out.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. He smirked.

"I think you need a drink." Then he took two glasses of champagne on the tray of passing waiter, and gave a glass to me.

"Thanks." I took a sip of the golden liquid.

"Tyler!" A female shriek. Karen. She hooked her right arm on Tyler's left. "How are you?" She batted her eyelashes at him. She's wearing a black, tube dress that stops an inch below her ass.

"I'm good." My husband merrily answered which motivated the whore. So she leaned in and rubbed her fuck!ng right breast to his arm! I rolled my eyes.

"You're still handsome as ever, if not more." Her eyes solely focused on his and his to her!

"And you're getting sexier everytime I see you." He flirted back! Hmpf!

"Excuse me." I said as boredly as I can without looking at them then walked away. Did I glare at her? No. Did I scowl at him? No.

I headed to the bar, ordered a shot of stronger liquor and sat on a stool, trying my best not to look at them. It hurts, it always does whenever he do it but I don't have the right to play as a jealous wife. At first, I confronted him about it and he insisted that it's harmless, then it turned into a quarrel. Since then, I willed myself to just ignore his flirtings, although deep inside, my heart aches. I wiped the tear that escaped my eyes. I can play it smoothly. I took deep breaths then gulped my glass.

"One more, please." I asked the bartender.

"Sure ma'am." He answered nicely then immediately made and gave it to me. There are only six of us in the bar so the bartender is not that busy.

"Pleasant evening my friends!" Mr. Reed greeted. I turned to the direction of the stage where he is currently standing. "Thank you for attending. You can now look at the various paintings by famous painters which are displayed on that wall and buy abnything you want." He said pointing to a wall with different paintings. "The prices are indicated below each painting and all the sales will be given to cancer patients. And of course, any donations are welcomed. I hope more lives will be saved through this event. Food and drinks are unlimited. So, I won't interrupt you any longer. Enjoy the night!" He ended then almost everyone clapped. I stood and walked towards the paintings. I love paintings, in fact, I love to paint, too.