Chapter 25

2nd update...

Athena's POV

"Fu¢king Lora." He spat though his eyes were still trained on the floor.

"I knew it." I whispered.

"I'm sorry..." He closed his eyes, his head still bowed to the floor.

"For what?" He glanced at me and I saw his face full of remorse and eyes red with tears.

"For bringing your life in danger, I brought them there, so I caused the danger in your life..." His tears flowed down on his cheeks to his chin. I gripped the bed sheet to stop myself from caressing his face and wipe the tears on his face.

"Why did she do that? I mean, we're divorced at that time, she knew I left you for them, especially, your son." I asked somewhat confused. She knew that I was willing to give Tyler to her. So why did she still feel that I'm a threat?

"She saw how miserable I became without you and how  happy I was when you accepted my friendship, thus, discovered how much I love you and concluded that she can never compete with you, in my heart." He said sincerely, staring deeply into my eyes. I closed my eyes, feeling more worried for my baby knowing that she is keen on disposing me. I sighed then reopened them with tears falling anytime soon. Pregnancy hormones makes me really emotional.

"What happened to them then?" I asked as tears fell. He leaned in and wiped my tears with both of his hands on eithet side of my face.

"Hey, don't cry, baby..." He kissed my forehead and leaned back making our faces only an inch apart. He looked at me lovingly. Lovingly?

"They are locked up now, so you don't have to worry about her, sweetheart." He assured me.

Somehow, my pregnancy hormones don't allow me to feel relaxed and calm for my baby's safety. I yawned.

"Take a rest and sleep now, sweety. I'll be here, protecting you and our little baby." I nodded and closed my droopy eyes. I felt him kiss the side of my head before I fell in a deep sleep.

***
I opened my eyes and saw the alarm clock on my bedside table. The time is 11:24am, I slept for more than an hour. I tried to move my hand to my stomach but I can't. I glanced down and saw a head bowed on my right hand.

Tyler.

I can't believe he's here after five months. But why only now? With his power and influence, I know he can find me immediately after I left when he wanted to. And why is he here? I'm sure it's not because of our baby because he was shocked upon seeing the slight bump of my stomach. He stirred and opened his. He smiled when he saw me looking at him.

"Good morning." He huskily said.

"Why didn't you lay down on the guest room or... beside me?" I hesitated on the last part. I don't want him to misunderstand me and gave malice to it.

"I don't want to leave you here. I told you a while ago that I'll protect the both of you, didn't I? And... I... was afraid that I might bumped and hurt you and our baby accidentally in my sleep." He admitted in a shy way while rubbing the back of his head. Cute. I giggled at his action and he blushed. Uh huh... Tyler Kent is blushing!

"Ahmmm.... can I ask you something?" I asked curiosly after giggling.

"Ask away sweetheart." He leaned his back on the chair and crossed his arms over his chest. By the way, he is wearing a blue and white checkered, polo shirt, in which the top button is undone and the sleeves are rolled up on his elbows; black jeanes and blue and white rubber shoes.

"Why are you here? Why only now? Please answer me honestly." I asked seriously. He sighed and locked eyes with mine.

"I knew you were here since the next day you left and I was about to follow you but when I heard what Lora did, I changed my plan and stay there to make sure that she won't be able to hurt you anymore, but I sent six men to keep an eye on you since then until now." He explained.

"So you knew that I'm pregnant." I stated and he shook his head.

"No, because they didn't utter a word about it and they'll pay for that." He hissed, obviously angry at his men.

"Hey, no need for that. You didn't answer my first question." He tilted his head at me. "Why are you here?" I repeated. He raked his right hand on his hair nervously then moved and seat on my bed in front of me. He held my hands and squeezed them gently begore speaking.

"To win you back... please listen first." He said when I opened my mouth. I nodded then he continued. "You know I love you, and I still do, sweetheart. I didn't stop loving you, and now, that we are having a child, I love you more if it's even possible. Plus, it's an additional reason why I should pursue you." He leaned in and looked intently into my eyes. "Please come back to me, sweetheart. Marry me. And we'll be a happy family." He said sincerely then kissed the back of my hands. My eyes widened in astonishment.

Oh my gosh! Is it real? Is he serious?! Eeeeh!!!

-----_-----_-----
March 28, 2018 - 9:12pm