Chapter Five: The Dinner Date

Marc was thrilled with the idea of Rachel’s fling and he hadn’t been able to stop himself grinning at the idea of her seeing Cristiano again; Marc had also agreed to cover for Rachel while she was with the Portuguese.

Lucky for Rachel no-one other than Marc seemed to have noticed that Rachel hadn’t come back to the hotel until the next morning; everyone else was too hung over to really notice that anything strange had happened.

Rachel was currently in the Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid with Karla and her wedding planner, making sure they went over the details for the wedding and ensuring that everyone knew their parts for the wedding.

Rachel watched as Karla talked animatedly about her perfect wedding, while the wedding planner nodded and jotted down notes.

“That would be beautiful,” the wedding planner said after a few minutes making Rachel sigh slightly annoyed that Karla was yet again changing her mind on the layout with less than a week now to the wedding.

“Oh… and I was thinking of changing the wedding cake to a six tier,” Karla said making Rachel look at her worried that her friend was becoming Bridezilla; the wedding planner nodded in agreement.

After several more changes to the wedding, Karla announced it was time to go back to the hotel.

“Thanks for coming Rach,” she said making Rachel nod at her; she hadn’t said a word all morning and had just nodded her head in agreement.

“I mean the wedding will be amazing… dad says that he doesn’t care how much it costs,” she said making Rachel nod again.

 Not wanting to hurt Karla’s feelings; she knew how much this day meant to her but she was slowly driving everyone up the wall.

***

“Maybe someone should tell her?” Marc said as he, Rachel and Tara lounged in Rachel’s hotel room while Karla and the others went shopping for new wedding shoes; they had just about escaped and where now having some lunch.

“That’ll go down well… Hey Karla, you’ve turned into Bridezilla… she’ll kill you,” Tara said as she flipped through a magazine while Rachel lay back on the bed unaware that her friends were grinning at one another.

“So when’s your hot date Rach?” Tara asked making Rachel look up at her panicked then she turned to glare at Marc who was grinning; she had told him not to tell anyone since she didn’t want this getting back to Evan in anyway.

“I’m sorry… she forced it out of me,” he said making Rachel groan and sit back on the bed.

She rubbed her head annoyed as she tried to think about what she was going to do. Tara grinned at Rachel and sat down next to her.

“Besides… I’m going to need help when you’re with Mr Aveiro,” he said as he moved towards Rachel’s wardrobe while Tara looed thoughtful.

Marc swiftly moved towards Rachel’s wardrobe and started to search for something that she could wear.

“Why do I recognize that name?” Tara asked making Rachel shrug as she sat down on her bed and ran a hand through her hair.

Marc was silent for a few minutes as he searched for a dress before he turned round grinning as he held up a black pencil dress with lace insert that he had found.

Rachel looked at Marc and shook her head as she realized what dress he was holding.

“I was going to wear that for the rehearsal dinner,” Rachel said making Marc shake his head and throw the dress at her; he knew that this dress was perfect for her date and he would dress her himself if he had to.