Chapter Seventeen: Back to Madrid

“You know that you can come home at any time,” Roz said as she hugged her daughter goodbye, she knew that she was going to miss Rachel now that she was moving to Madrid with Cristiano but she hoped that her daughter was happy.

The brunette nodded her head as she pulled back from her mother with tears in her eyes; she had known that this wasn’t going to be easy but she had never thought that it was going to be this hard.

Cristiano watched as Rachel said her goodbyes to her parents, he knew that this wasn’t going to be easy for her; she was living her entire life behind for him and he didn’t know how he could show her how much that meant to him.

“You better look after her Ronaldo… I might be your biggest fan but that doesn’t mean that I won’t kick your sorry behind if you hurt my little girl,” Bernie said as he stood next to the footballer.

 He was thrilled that his daughter was taking a big step in her life and flying the nest but that didn’t mean he didn’t care what happened to her.

“I’d hurt myself before I hurt her,” Cristiano said as he looked at Bernie, who nodded his head with a serious look on his face before he smiled at the footballer; Cristiano knew that he could never hurt Rachel, he didn’t want to.

“Well don’t hurt yourself to bad… Real would be useless without you,” Bernie said as Roz moved to stand next to him, he wrapped his arms around his wife who was wiping away some tears from her face; Rachel swallowed the lump in her throat as she looked at her parents.

“We’ll see you at Christmas,” Roz said with a small smile, she didn’t want to see her little girl go but Rachel was twenty-two now and she needed to make her own way in life.

***

Cristiano squeezed Rachel’s hand as they climbed off of their plane that had just arrived in Madrid; their flight had been pretty much a quiet one with Cristiano comforting his girlfriend as they left Miami behind.

The brunette had chosen to wear a purple elbow patch jumper and black skinny biker jeans paired with black heeled boots; she had wanted to be comfortable for their flight and look alright since she was now in the public eye.

Even with Cristiano’s gagging order against Amber and Evan, it was too late to stop the press from finding out about Rachel and their pregnancy; there was no amount of damage control that Jorge Mendez could do to fix this.

Cristiano sighed as he wrapped an arm around Rachel, making her look up at him as they quickly made their way towards the Porsche Cayenne Turbo which was parked in the airport car park.

The press had already started hounding them, making Cristiano grit his teeth as he opened the car and helped Rachel inside; he knew what the press wanted and he wished that they would think before they stalked him and his girlfriend.

Rachel sighed slightly in relief as he closed the door, she knew things were going to be difficult when they returned to Madrid and sooner or later they would have learnt the truth.

“It could have been worse,” Rachel said as Cristiano climbed into the car and glanced at her, she smiled at him as Cristiano quickly threw the car into reverse and pulled out of the car park, Rachel sighed she could only hope things get better.

***

Cristiano didn’t relax until they were back at his house, making Rachel look at as he rested his head against his car seat; the brunette could see that this wasn’t easy on him and she wished that there was something that she could do to make this easier.

Rachel glanced at the front door of Cristiano’s house, she licked her lips softly as she spotted someone waiting for them at the door; she had a sinking feeling that she knew who it was.

“Cris…” Rachel said making him look at her before she nodded at his front door, the brunette suddenly felt a lot more nervous about moving into his home; she had thought that she’d have time to prepare before she met any of his family.

There standing with her arms crossed stood Cristiano’s mother making the footballer groaned; he knew he’d have to face his mother at some point with the press having learnt about Rachel but he hadn’t thought that she’d show up outside of his home.

“That’s my Mãe,” he said undoing his seatbelt making Rachel look at him wide-eyed; Cristiano chuckled softly as he climbed out of the driver’s side and moved to help Rachel from the car, knowing that she was more likely to hide away than get out of the car to greet his mother.

Dolores watched as her youngest son helped Rachel from the car and glared at the lightly tanned brunette; she didn’t care how pregnant the brunette was, she wasn’t letting Cristiano lose more money to another gold-digger.

“Mãe?” Cristiano asked making Dolores look at her son, who looked at her concerned; he knew that she was going to make a fuss about his choice in women but this time it was different.

Rachel knew better than to comment at this point, but she could tell that Dolores didn’t like her already; the three of them moved into the house, before Cristiano’s mother asked to speak with him in the kitchen.

“Another one Cristiano... we talked about this after Junior,” Dolores said once she was sure that the brunette couldn’t hear them; Cristiano flinch at her bitter tone, he had a feeling that she was going to lay into him over this.

“You promised me after Junior, that you wouldn't sleep around anymore and then the press turn up; they tell me she's pregnant,” Dolores said frustrated, Cristiano sighed knowing what she was getting at.

However this time was different and he just wished that he could prove that to her rather than her make assumptions.

“Mãe Rachel's different, I love her... she'd never do what Daniella did,” Cristiano said softly so that the brunette didn’t hear them fighting; he licked his lips as he wondered how to persuade her to trust him on this.

“She’ll love you for now Cristiano... but what happens when the baby comes? She'll demand money just like Daniella did leaving you to raise the child and Junior,” Dolores said trying to convince Cristiano, that Rachel was a bad idea and that he should get rid of her while he had a chance.

Cristiano sighed frustrated he knew Rachel could understand what was being said and his white lie had been exposed but Dolores had to understand him.

“Mãe por favor... trust me,” he begged making Dolores purse her lips; she shook her head at Cristiano and stepped away from him.

“I'm sorry but I can't… she'll hurt you Cristiano and I can't watch this happen again; Junior's in his room,” she said softly before she turned and walked out of Cristiano’s house.

Rachel sighed as she slipped into the kitchen and moved closer to Cristiano, who wrapped his arms around Rachel.

“We’ll figure this out,” the Portuguese said running his hands through Rachel’s hair, she nodded and looked up at Cristiano curiously; she had so many questions about what she had heard and she knew that there was something that Cristiano hadn’t told her.