Chapter Eight: Ending Things

“If you care about her Cris, tell her the truth,” Iker said to Cristiano knowing that his team-mate wanted some advice; it wasn’t fair to keep Rachel in the dark about who he really was.

Cristiano nodded letting his head drop into his hands, he really didn’t know how to approach this with Rachel; he had only known her a few days and already he didn’t wish to lose her over something stupid.

Kaka patted him on the back and offered Cristiano a comforting smile, as he picked up his bag and left the locker room; he knew that when the time was right the Portuguese would do the right thing.

Karim stayed as far away from Cristiano as he could while he got dressed and headed out of the locker room; he didn’t want to get on the wrong side of his friend again and he didn’t care what was happening.

It didn’t take long before Cristiano was the last member of the team left in the locker room, he jumped as Jose entered the room where the Portuguese sat thinking what he should do about the brunette that now plagued his every thought.

“If you truly care about her then tell her the truth,” Jose said as he approached his star player quietly, he had noticed a change in him and he knew that it could only be related to a woman.

Cristiano looked at his coach confused wondering how he knew about what he was going through, he nibbled on his lip as he looked at Jose who laughed amused before he nodded his head as he sat down next to Cristiano.

“I felt the same when I met Matilde… I knew from the word go she was the one,” Jose said smiling softly as he thought about his wife; he had been lucky to find her when he had.

Cristiano ran a hand through his hair as he thought about what he was being told, he didn’t know what to do and he wasn’t sure if he could risk everything for the brunette.

***

Pulling up outside the Royal Botanical Gardens, Cristiano took a deep breath as he climbed out of his Porsche Cayenne Turbo; he had arranged to meet Rachel there in hopes that it would make everything easier for him to explain what was going on.

It didn’t take long him long to find Rachel, who was wearing a red lace pleat shell top and dark wash slim boot-cut jeans paired with tan strapped heeled ankle boots; he took a deep breath before he approached her.

Rachel was wearing her hair down so it covered half of her face, she didn’t even look at Cristiano as he stopped next to her; she knew what she had to do and she wasn’t ready for it.

“We need to talk,” Rachel said softly as she looked down at her hands, she nibbled her lip knowing that she took a deep breath as she tried to think of what she was going to do next.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you… but you have to understand I didn’t want the press to learn about this,” Cristiano said panicking, he hadn’t expected that she would find out; he was going to do whatever it took to make sure that he didn’t lose her.

The brunette stopped thinking for a moment as she took in what he had said, it didn’t make sense and she was wondered what was going on; Cristiano frowned when he noticed that the brunette was looking at him.

“Rachel?” the Portuguese asked concerned as he brushed some of Rachel’s hair from the left side of her face, he froze as he spotted a redden mark on her face; Cristiano brushed the hair aside and turned her head to face him so he could see her face better.

“Who did this to you?” Cristiano asked making the brunette shake her head, he frowned as he stepped forward concerned as to why she had a mark on her face; he didn’t like the idea that someone had hurt her.

“I can’t do this anymore, I can’t see you again,” she said softly making Cristiano look at her confused, she wasn’t making him confused and he couldn’t help but be concerned about what was going on.

“What happen?” Cristiano asked, he knew it had to have something to do with the hand print on her face, he looked at her worried wondering what he could do to make things better; he didn’t want to lose her now.

“Nothing… I just can’t do this anymore,” Rachel said as she blinked back tears while Cristiano moved to cradle her face, he hated seeing her like this and it was hurting him that she was pushing him away.

“Por favor amor tell me,” Cristiano pleaded as he looked at her, she allowed him to pull her close; she didn’t want to do this but she knew that she couldn’t allow this to continue.

“We have to end this” Rachel said slowly pulling away from him, she knew that she had to think about her relationship with Evan and she wanted some sort of future.

“Don’t do this… I’ll leave Irina. I only want you,” he said making Rachel freeze, she choked softly as she looked at him; she hadn’t thought that he had a girlfriend and that he had been cheating on her with her.

“You have a girlfriend,” she said softly making Cristiano curse, he held onto Rachel’s hand tighter; he didn’t want to lose her and now he seemed like that was all he was going to do now that this was happening.

“Of course you do… just like I have Evan,” she continued but Cristiano stiffened at the mention of Rachel’s boyfriend, he gingerly reached up and ran a hand across Rachel’s left cheek that was bruised.

“Did he do this to you?” Cristiano asked lowly making Rachel shake her head, Cristiano sighed wanting to know what was happening; he couldn’t believe that it had come to this.

“I’m only here for the wedding Cris… what happens when I go back to Miami?” she asked making him flinch, he had tried to forget that she would be leaving in a few days; however he knew that she was right and it frightened him.

“My name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro but I’m also known as Cristiano Ronaldo... I play football for Real Madrid,” he said making Rachel freeze as it finally hit her; she stared at him shocked before she shook her head and walked away unable to deal with what was going on.