Chapter Ten: Breaking Up with Evan

The Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid was done up beautifully for the wedding; Rachel looked at the guests as she made sure that the other bridesmaids were all ready to head down the aisle before she spotted a familiar face.

“Excuse me,” the brunette said slipping away from the group, Marc and Tara looked at Rachel before they spotted Cristiano and grinned at each other. Cristiano smiled as Rachel approached him.

“I know Evan’s here,” he said but before he could finished Rachel hugged him; she was wearing a brown empire waist V-neck capped knee-length bridesmaid dress paired with nude platform court shoes.

Cristiano wrapped his arms around Rachel and kissed her softly, he knew that he had to be careful since Evan was somewhere in the crowd and he didn’t want him to catch Rachel alone with him.

“You’re out of you mind,” Rachel whispered, making the Portuguese smile as he held her close.

Cristiano let go of Rachel and brushed her hair back; his hand lingering on her left cheek, he couldn’t believe that this day had come so quickly.

“And you look beautiful,” he replied giving her a quick kiss, Rachel smiled at him before glancing back at Karla and the other; he knew that she would have to go back soon since she had things that she had to do but that didn’t mean that he wanted her to go.

“I better get back,” she said making Cristiano nod as he reluctantly let her go, he smiled at her softly knowing that their time was running short; Rachel smiled and quickly headed back to the others.

Marc and Tara grinned at her as she re-joined her while Karla complained to her father about something; Marc hugged Rachel and looked over at Cristiano who was now sitting with the guests.

***

The wedding went off without a hitch, except for the small interruption by Rachel’s cousin Amber who had invited herself to the wedding and Rachel knew that Karla would find a way to blame this on her.

“I’m breaking up with him today,” the brunette said as she pulled away from Cristiano who smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

He was pleased to that he wouldn’t have to share her for much longer; he kissed Rachel softly as they walked through the gardens out of sight.

“So who was that, that entered half way through?” Cristiano asked as he looked at Rachel, he had seen her somewhere before and he didn’t know why; the red haired woman had made her presence known as she walked into the ceremony late.

“My cousin Amber, she’s a model,” Rachel said making Cristiano sighed and bury his head in her shoulder, she knew that this wasn’t easy especially since she would have to head home soon; she hated that she was going to have to go back to her normal life sooner or later.

“We’ll work this out,” he promised knowing that there were still massive gaps in their relationship; Rachel nodded before slowly pulling back from Cristiano who gently brushed some hair from her face.

“I need to head back,” she said making Cristiano nod, he wanted nothing more than to hold her hand as they headed back but he couldn’t.

However as they turned the corner they came face to face with Amber and Evan; who were busy trying to get each other’s clothes off, they didn’t even seem to noticed that they had been discovered.

“This makes things easier,” Rachel blurted out as she stood frozen watching her boyfriend of four years making out with her cousin.

Amber smirked at her cousin as Evan jumped away from her, she had been waiting for this day for a long time and she couldn’t believe that it had taken this long for her affair to come out like this.

“It’s not what it looks like,” Evan said as he looked at Rachel concerned, he didn’t want to lose her over this; he stepped towards her before Cristiano pulled the brunette away from him.

“You don’t have to lie anymore baby,” Amber purred as she ran a hand along Evan’s arm; Cristiano wondered how on earth Rachel and Amber were related, they were two very different people.

“We’ve been together for seven months,” Amber bragged smirking at Rachel, who stiffened slightly before she relaxed not feeling too guilty about Cristiano; she had been feeling guilty about her relationship with the footballer.

“Let’s go back to the party,” Cristiano said not wanting to Rachel to get hurt any more than she already was.

Rachel nodded allowing Cristiano to wrap an arm around her, she wanted to get away from here as soon as possible.

“What the hell? You better let go of my girlfriend,” Evan shouted as he leapt forward, he glared at Cristiano wondering who the hell this other man thought he was.

Evan moved forward to take Rachel back only for the footballer to hold her closer.

“I think you lost all rights to her when you started screwing her cousin,” Cristiano spat making Evan frown, he didn’t know what this had to do with the Portuguese but he needed to talk to Rachel alone so that he didn’t lose her.

“You know what doesn’t make sense… why a star soccer player like you is interested in plain old Rachel,” Amber said as she racked her eyes over Cristiano, she might not have liked her own cousin but she had to admit that Rachel had a great taste in men.

The footballer bristled at how Amber spoke about the brunette, it made him feel angry that anyone would call Rachel plain; it even annoyed him that Amber was acting as if she hadn’t done anything wrong.

“Well if you ever get bored,” the red head said as she flashed Cristiano a seductive smile, she didn’t get to say anything else before Rachel punched her in the face; the brunette shook her hand as Cristiano pulled her away from her cousin.

“Evan we are finished,” Rachel said making her boyfriend stared at her shocked as Cristiano pulled the brunette away knowing that she would probably cause more damage if they were to say there.

***

Cristiano chuckled as he lead Rachel to his red Ferrari 599, the two of them had avoided the wedding reception and had head straight to his car; he knew that she needed some time to wrap her head around what had just happened.

“You okay? Cristiano asked as he came to a stop next to his car, he looked at Rachel concerned; he didn’t want to upset her any more than she had already had been.

“How many cars do you own?” she asked changing the subject, Cristiano chuckled as he opened the passenger door for her; he had a feeling that she was still processing what had happened.

“I’m fine,” Rachel said as she leant against the car, Cristiano sighed and wrapped his arms around her; Rachel rested her head against Cristiano’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered knowing it properly hurt to learn Evan had been sleeping with her cousin for the last seven months of their relationship.

“Don’t worry about it, this is what Amber does,” she said shrugging, Cristiano pulled back from Rachel and gently kissed her, and Rachel smiled and rested her head against his.

She knew that this was the start of a new chapter in her life, she just hoped that Amber wouldn’t cause her anymore trouble.