Chapter Eleven: Getting to Know You

It didn’t take long to pack up all of her things from her hotel room and Rachel was more than pleased to check out since Cristiano had insisted that she stay with him until she had to fly home.

Cristiano wrapped his arms around Rachel and rested his head against hers and they curled up on the couch together and relaxed; Rachel had changed out of her dress and was now wearing a grey cami and shorts.

“So what now?” the brunette asked as she cuddled closer to Cristiano, that day had been emotional draining and she just wanted to relax for now.

Cristiano looked at Rachel and smiled before he brushed some of her hair back; he moved closer to the brunette and brushed his lips against hers, he loved the idea of having her in his home.

“I want to get to know you,” he said softly, making the brunette before him slightly breathless but she nodded in response; they really didn’t know much about each other.

“Okay where did you grow up?” Cristiano asked moving away from the brunette allowing Rachel to clear her head; she was surprised about how passionate the two of them were together especially since she had never experienced anything like this before.

“Detroit, originally, until I was about eleven when my parents moved us to Miami,” Rachel replied crossing her ankles as she pulled away from the footballer; she knew that this was just the beginning and she was so sure that this was going to work for them.

“What about you?” Rachel asked as Cristiano gently brushed her hair back and gently kissed Rachel’s tanned shoulder; he had never felt like this before and he knew that they had something special.

“Santo António, a neighborhood of Funchal, Madeira until I was about eight that’s when I started to play football,” Cristiano said making the brunette nod, she watched him as he thought about his next question to her.

“When is your birthday?” Cristiano asked as he gently kissed along her shoulder, the room was nearly silent except for some relaxing Portuguese music that was playing quietly in the background.

“25th of September 1988,” the brunette said making the footballer look at her surprised, he hadn’t expected Rachel to be 3 years younger than him; he had only thought that there was about a year between them.

The two were silent for a moment before Cristiano pressed a kiss to her lips.

“What do you do for a living?” he asked sitting up slightly making the brunette smile; he doubted that she’d be able to travel a lot if she had a busy job.

“My mother has her own television show… so I help with her classes and research,” she said not really wanting to get into what her mother did; she was a little embarrassed about her mother’s work and she wasn’t ready to tell Cristiano what she did yet.

“Okay tell me about your family,” Cristiano said making Rachel raise an eyebrow at him; Cristiano looked at her waiting for Rachel answer, he wanted to know everything especially since in a couple of days she would be going back to Miami leaving him behind.

“My dad, Bernie, used to be a lawyer until by older brother Greg was born and he became a stay at home dad after that. My mum, Roz, started off as a therapist and now has her own television show now. Greg lives in Chicago now, he’s a nurse… he’s married to Pam and has two kids; Samantha and Henry they’re twins,” Rachel said making Cristiano chuckle and the brunette look at him, he couldn’t remember what it was like to be normal especially since his career had taken off.

Cristiano licked his lips knowing he’d have to tell her the truth, he wasn’t going to lie to her now and he knew that he would do anything to make this work.

“Well… my mother Maria was a cook, she worked as much as she could when I was little so we wouldn’t go without. My father was a gardener; he was my biggest fan until he…” Cristiano said trying to not tear up, even after five years it was still difficult for him to talk about and it still hurt.

Rachel moved closer to Cristiano allowing him to bury his head into her neck, taking deep breathes before he continued.

“I have one brother and two sisters, all married and have children of their own. I’m the youngest then there’s my son,” Cristiano said his voice soft but Rachel stiffened at the mention of Cristiano’s son. Cristiano felt Rachel stiffen and sighed.

“I won’t lie to you about this… about anything,” he promised her, while Rachel nodded and tried to wrap her head around what she had been told.

“How old?” she asked making Cristiano sigh and move so he could can see Rachel’s face, once he could see her Cristiano gently brushed some hair behind her ear.

“Four months,” he replied making Rachel nod, Cristiano watched her closely before moving close to Rachel.

“His mother was a surrogate,” he said knowing it was one of the questions on her mind; Rachel sat quietly for several seconds.

“Okay,” she said making Cristiano look at her oddly before she looked at him.

“So you have a son… that’s okay,” Rachel said making the footballer look at her slightly relieved that she wasn’t going to be ending things with him over this.

Cristiano rested his head against Rachel’s, he didn’t know what he’d do when Rachel returned to Miami; he didn’t want to lose her but he knew that she had to go home at some point.

“How long?” he asked making Rachel look at him and sigh, knowing that her time in Madrid was almost up; she hated that she had fallen for him like this and even then she knew that she wouldn’t change a thing.

“Two more days,” she replied making Cristiano nod as he thought about what he was going to do with the time that he had left with the brunette; he wanted to make things as special as possible so that he would have some memories to share with the brunette.

The two sat quietly for several seconds, before Cristiano moved to kiss Rachel; the two slowly moved back onto the couch, the footballer hovered just over Rachel as his hands slipped under her cami top while she started to unbutton his shirt.

Cristiano’s hands moved to rest on Rachel’s tanned thighs as he allowed Rachel to finish undoing his shirt, his lips moved down her neck before he paused for a moment and rested his head against Rachel’s shoulder.

“I don’t want to lose you,” he whispered making Rachel nod as she rested her head against his, she felt horrible that this was how things were going to end between them; she ran her fingers through his dark brown locks.

“It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all,” Rachel said softly making Cristiano look at her, she smiled at him before she kissed him knowing that she was definitely falling for him; she just hoped that he felt the same way.

“Be my girlfriend?” Cristiano asked knowing that he wanted her to be his, they hadn’t made anything official and he knew that he would rather have a long distance relationship with her and none at all.

Rachel blinked as she looked at him taken back before she smiled and nodded her head, she didn’t care that he was some sort of hot shot footballer and that nearly everyone on the planet knew his name; she nodded her head as a smile formed on her face.

“Yes,” the brunette said making Cristiano grin before he kissed her knowing that he would do anything for Rachel and he wasn’t going to let her go.