Chapter 13

Camila POV

   I'm guessing Lauren cancelled today's meeting; her walking through the door told me so. 

"What are you doing here?!" I demanded, putting the brush down on our bed, arms crossed. She ignored me and started sweeping the room, shaking her head each step she took. 'You're supposed to be at the-'

"At the beach, yes I know but... change of plan. We can do this tomorrow." she carried on looking around, mumbling things to herself. 

"Well next time, make sure you make your damn notes sound less exciting. Bringing my hopes up just to bring them down again." I said angrily, my back facing her, as I sat on the bed. Again, she ignored me and kept mumbling inaudible things to herself. Frowning, I turn to face her, still sweeping the room. 'The least you can do is apologise. You know, I was actually looking forward to this afternoon but yet-'

"Camz! Can you shut the fuck up?!" she snapped at me. 'I am trying to think but hearing you yap, yap, yapping in my ear, complaining about something so irrelevent is not going to help me fix my problem!' I trembled in my position as she screamed at me. I didn't dare to speak to her and just gave her a few little glances before turning around again to look down at the floor. She carried on mumbling things to herself, her feet shuffling against the carpet. Holding back the tears, I rise from the bed, reach for my shoes and said to her,

"I'm going for a walk." before leaving the room. 

"Camz-" I heard her say but I ignored her, the same way she had done to me.

Lauren POV

   For fuck's sake, Lauren! You stupid, stupid idiot! When you need her most, you totally blew it! 

   But I couldn't tell her. I can't have her worrying, otherwise she would leave me. 

   But yet I was being selfish. It was up to her to stay or to leave. She chose to come with me, I totally didn't drag her along. If she wanted to leave, she had the choice to.

   Facepalming myself, I ran after her. 

   But even running after her didn't make her forgive me. 

"Camz, I said I was sorry!" I told her as she carried on power walking down the street, towards the payphone. She kept ignoring me as I tried to keep up with her. I ran in front of her and blocked her from walking away from me. Holding her shoulders, I repeated my apology. 'Please don't be mad at me... I need you.' she shrugged her shoulders, shook my hands off her and kept on walking. 'Camz, if you understood what I was going through right now, you wouldn't walk away.' She turned around to face me. 

"It's always all about you, isn't it?" she said spitefully. 

"What?" I questioned. 

"It's always you, you, you! It's always me that had to understand you." she began. 'I honestly don't understand you at all. I try my best to see your side of things but I just don't. We're together, that's all that matters. We're not going to get caught! They don't know where we are-'

"A detective spoke to me today." I cut her off. 

Camila POV

   Heart pounding, an earthquake had begun starting from my arms, travelling down to my legs. 

"What?" I managed to whisper. 

"I... Camz, are you alright?" Lauren asked, examining my every move. I wanted to open my mouth but no words came out. Lauren took me into her arms and pulled me towards her. 'Let's go inside and talk, I'll explain everything.' she said and I nodded.