Chapter 24

Lauren POV

   Uh, I needed a map! I've been walking in circles for about an hour now and everytime I turned my head, more unfamiliar buildings and people emerged in front of me. Go back to the bus, thinking of the girls, that was the option I refused to go with. The girls didn't want anything to do with me. Even though Normani "claimed" she didn't hate me, I knew when I was being lied to. The way she bit her lip after saying the words made me sure that her sympathetic approach towards me irritated her. Dinah was just being the fake bitch she was and Camila probably wanted to throw me off the bus and run me over then dump my body into an abandoned forest but Ally... Ally was the one I'm going to miss the most. Even though she despised what I had done, she was the only one who attempted to speak to me, to make me feel a little loved. It sucked that I had to leave her behind, but I didn't want to bring her along. Bringing her along would mean I would damage her career, the career she still wanted to carry on with. In addition, bringing her along would mean our relationship would disintegrate into fragments of rock, that would soon crumble down into dust and would be gone with the wind. Our relationship, every laugh we ever shared, every moment... forgotten. I mean, that's what happened with me and Camz, because I always ruin everything. 

   Still twisting and turning, the Sun shone above my head, sending a warm sensation towards me. Wiping away the sweat trickling down my head, I looked around for anything that would bring recognition but nothing. If only I had not given that stupid card my full attention, I would've caught sight of some signs that would bring me back to the agency.

   The card...

   "You stupid bitch!" I cursed aloud, recognising the depth of my idiocy, some heads turning to face me. I slapped my forehead, how could I be so stupid?! Digging a hand deep into my pocket, I caught the scrunched up card with my thumb and index finger. I took the card out and stretched it out before closely examining it. The photographer's name was visible, his phone number slightly recognisable if you closely looked at the card. 

   More twisting and turning involved, I tried to catch sight of a payphone. This is Hollywood, it's bound to have a payphone in every corner of the street. Still looking for an available payphone, the Sun overhead, making the sweat on my forehead multiply even after wiping it away, cars zoomed passed me, a breeze gently embracing my skin, turning the warm sweat on my forehead cold. Wiping the sweat from my head and wiping my wet hand on my jeans, after a tireless journey of walking around, I caught sight of one which was located at the end of the road. Doing a sigh of relief, thanking the Lord for his kindness, I departed towards it. 

   Nearly there, I thought as I walked towards it, trying to avoid the girls attacking my mind. GET OUT MY HEAD! They don't matter no more, just do you... All the memories we shared together, the journey we all went on to reach our dream... And now I had to run away again because of what they thought about me, putting their career at risks. The interviewer expects all five of us, not four...

   Throwing the thought away, sighing once again, I'm paces away from the phone. Freedom. I must've lost control as the payphone's figure enlarged each time I came closer to it. As I was approaching where the phone was located, I managed to violently bang my shoulder into someone, who had lost their balance and was now uncomfortably sitting on the floor, rubbing their back vigorously. Facepalming myself, again for my idiocy, I squatted down next to the person. 

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped. 'I'm so sorry. Are you okay?' The girl, looked up at me, still rubbing her back. Her brown eyes, startled, as she caught sight of me, her lips curling in embarrassment. As I broke my stare, it seemed she still had an eye on me. I couldn't just leave her there, it would seem ignorant of me, so I stayed put and avoided her stare.