Chapter 28

Lauren POV

   We managed to beg Candece to stay in the dining room for an extra hour after all the girls stalked off to bunks, Camz eyes analysing me as I sat opposite Ally.

"Are they gone?" I questioned, Ally standing on her knees to see over my head.

"Yep." she said, settling herself on the cow-skinned couch, covering herself with her jumper.

"Here, take my jumper." I said, handing her my woolly cardigan but she didn't accept it.

"No, that's fine, you'll get cold." I shrugged my shoulders, covering myself with my cardigan. 'Well, during our little planning, I've got an idea.' she says, unleashing the blue notebook from under the table; she kept it hidden until the girls departed.

"Go on." I leaned in, to see our notes better.

"Well the tempo of the song is going to be slow, almost soothing, a bit indie with a twist of R&B." she explained. 'Well I got the first verse.' she announced.

"Go on." she turned over the page and showed more of her scribbles.

"There it is." she pointed at circled inscriptions.

This bed is cold

I'm all alone

Look up at the stars they laugh at me

   "Oh my gosh Ally!" I gasped, staring at the lyrics. 'That's what I said... How did you... It's amazing!'

"Well it's not done but aw thank you Lo!" I leaped from my seat and hugged her as she sat down, facing me.

"I love you so much Ally, you have no idea! Even after everything we've been through, I still count you as one of my best friends. Thank you for writing this with me." I squeezed her minute self, hearing her little squirms. 'I love you, I love you, I love you!' Bending down, blotting her face with a salivary peck on her forehead, I whispered, 'You really are amazing!' still squeezing her.

"I know, Lo, I know." she giggled. Still squeezing her, I kiss her forehead again, my hands on her cheeks, before letting go of her, a dark pink lipstick tattoo of my lips marked on her face. 'Lo...' Following Ally's point, I turned to face a startled Camz, her eyes tearing up, a waterfall descending from her face.

"Camz, it's not what you think!" I shouted after her, but I'm sure she didn't hear me. Ally stood up, about to follow after Camila but I stopped her.

"No, I should talk to her."

   I almost bumped into Candece, sprinting like Usain Bolt toward ms the bunks.

"Lau-" she began but I ignored her, banging my thumb onto the button which opened the automatic door that revealed the bunks on each side of the wall.

   "Camz." I called approaching her, strapped under he cover, her head buried into her cushion, her sobs audible as I  approached her. 'Camz please talk to me.'

"Go away Lauren!" she screamed into her pillow.

"Camila please just talk to me." I begged, getting closer to her bed.

"Lauren I swear I'm going to kill you if you step any closer!" But that didn't stop me from getting closer to her, laying a hand on her back.

"What you saw in there was not what you thought. You can even ask Ally! Do you really think I'll kiss her?" I caressed her back, her head still buried in her cushion.

"Lauren, I swear..." the rage in her voice was less violent than before but it still made my heart increase as I crept closer to her.

"Camila just listen to me."