Chapter 31

Lauren POV

   It was a slow recovery but luck was on my side since the excruciating pain disallowing me movement in my lower neck, my arms and my back had cleared off and the the bruises painting my skin seemed to have faded away. The girls had managed to return to Cali for a while before heading to the stage again, leaving me behind with Wilma; who still preferred to give me the cold shoulder. It seemed Camz felt even guiltier about the whole situation, her tears welling up each time she gazed at the bruises scarring my skin.

"It's too bad we have to go soon." Normani said, eying an infuriated-for-no-reason Wilma. 

"It doesn't matter, Wilma can keep me company." I delibrately gave Wilma a quick screw before turning back to grinning Normani. 

"Well we have a video for ya!" Dinah yelped excitedly from the back of the room, forcing another presence to my bedside. 

"You do?" I let out a slight chuckle. 'I wonder what you guys have in store for me.' 

"Nothing big, just a little video to show our appreciation." Ally intervened, revealing a camera from her bag. 

"With Ally involved, I'm sure it's just going to be Biblical quotes." Dinah and Normani chuckled; Wilma letting a scoff in the background followed by a cough to try and hide her bitchiness which alerted the whole room; Ally scowling at me before grinning but Camila simply trying to avoid my pure existence. 

"No!" she said, flicking a little compartment within the camera to portray a little screen. It took some time for the screen to turn on. Soon, many compacted bodies peered at me, their cheerful octo-hands all waving at the direction of the camera. 

"GET WELL SOON, LOLO!" they roared, their loud voices echoing through the room. Wilma huffed and puffed in the background but we merely ignored her. 

"It was Mila's idea." Ally announced as I heard the girls' screams in the background, egging on the crowd. 

"It was?" I said, a hint of astonishment in my voice. 'Thanks Camila!' I called. Our eyes met, her brown eyes with a hint of red and sadness emitting through the room. She nodded at me before narrowing her gaze to the floor. 

"That's what friends are for." she mumbled. An invisible hand squeezed my stomach as I glared down at the video, hearing the crowd's appreciation. 

"Lo..." I heard Ally whisper but I ignored her. That's what friends are for... Did she just friendzone me? So after telling me she loved, she just decided to change her mind in a heartbeat. So you almost paralyze me from the waist down because you actually thought that I would kiss one of my best friends that I consider my sister and now you want to let go of everything we ever had? After everything I risked for you? Are you fucking kidding me? 'What?' 

"What?!" I repeated exactly what Ally had just said, a hint of anger in my voice. 

"You just... swore." Ally explained, turning off the camera. 

"Just... I... I don't want to see anyone anymore. Good luck on your show." I mumbled, turning my back on them, facing Wilma. 

"Lo?" Ally called. 

"Good luck." I repeated. 

"Lauren? You can tell me." I shook my head, feeling tears well up in my once dry eyeballs. 

"No... it's fine Ally. Take the girls back to the tour bus, I think I'm gonna go to sleep." I said. 'And take the notebook with you. I wrote something for you.' I whispered in a voice only suitable for Ally's ears as she was the closest to me.