Chapter 18

Camila POV

   I trusted Lauren, she could handle it. She could do anything, proving why she was still up on her feet even after everything that had happened. As we were walking the same way everyone had, Lauren had an adamant hand on mine. My heart thudded against my ribcage, still holding Lauren's hand, not that I had a choice to let go. A ball rested on my throat, my heart going faster than Usain Bolt, slightly shaking in my position as I took two small steps towards the exit. Lauren, maneuvering me where all the passengers were now going to collect their suitcases, was quite calm compared to an agitated me. Not once did her breathing increase nor did she start rattling like there was an earthquake around us. She gave me a few reassuring glances, pushing her hair out of her face, still looking as calm as still water. 

"Everything will be fine." she whispered, giving me a long lasting grin before she continued to take us through the automatic doors which flew open as soon as Lauren's presence alerted them. 'Keep calm.' she kept on whispering, but this time she didn't look at me to reveal her sexy grin. 

   Her smile gave me the confidence to carry on. Just knowing that she was with me gave me a boost; who needed Starbucks when you had Lauren Jauregui, huh? My morale above Mount Everest, still clutching onto my girlfriend's hand, - soon to be wife more like - I pursued after the passengers, knowing with Lauren, nothing would happen to me. 

   We hardly had any baggages to pick up so we watched some passengers standing with their saucepan eyes, searching for their luggage. 

"What now?" I mumbled. I looked up at Lauren who was looking at the luggage rack, staring at the luggages smoothly transporting until their owner grabbed at them. 'Lauren.' I said. She looked down at me, with a confused expression on her face. 

"Sorry, I didn't hear what you said... I was daydreaming. Go on." 

"What now?" I repeated. She shrugged her shoulders. 

"I guess we have to face our families huh, and the girls." she answered. 'And Dinah.' I chuckled at the sound of Dinah's name. It was going to be pretty hard avoiding Dinah, I mean she was the one who hired that crazy ass detective in the first place, so I'm sure she'll have soooo many questions at the ready to fire at me and Lolo. 

"Can't wait to see Dinah (!)" I said sarcastically and Lauren grinned. 

"I'm sure she'll totally not beat the crap out of both of us, huh?" I nodded. 

"I'm sure." Lauren gave me a few smiles before taking me by the hand again and leading me out of the luggage area. 

Lauren POV

   I didn't want to seem too controlling but her presence, my hand grasping on hers set my confidence to another level. And to think that I wanted to leave Miami without her - damn I was crazy to think that! What was to become of me without her? Just the thought of me walking through this airport without her gave my stomach a funny feeling as if I had received a gun shot there. Would I have reached the airport of no return without her? Nope. 

   It couldn't be...

   Too much recogniton beamed at me as I held Camz's hand, approaching the exit. They stood there, eyes widening, staring back at me. Their eyes turned from a bewildered expression to a teary stare. The grins produced on their face told me that there was no turning back. I came this far, now I couldn't go... No escape... The point of no return. 

   I gazed from Camz to their excited waves towards my direction. My insides loopedy looped until all of them were knotted together, no chance of them going back to the way they were before. Compared to me, Camila was smiling, a massive smirk spread across her face, turning teary eyed at her family. I gazed at Dinah, eyes swollen, sprinkling tears down her sullen face, faith restored in her cheeks as she didn't take her eyes off me or Camila; sending subliminal messages that she was still pissed at us as her hands were by her sides compared to the rest of them who were waving at them. Ally started bawling into Normani's shoulder as Normani herself tried to keep her emotion to herself, resisting to let her eyes overflow with tears. 

   Camz removed my grip from her fingers and ran towards her little sister Sofi who let out a huge loud scream. 

"CAMILA!" Camz didn't care if there was a line separating her from freedom. She ducked under the rope and picked up her sister before embracing her, her arms never letting go. I stood there, still staring at them as Camila's family surrounded her, each waiting for their own individual embrace. The girls gave me a quick wave, well minus Dinah, and approached Camila to receive their hug as well. My family stayed put, staring back at me, grins spread over their face. Taylor was the first to hug me; grabbing me in fact and pulling me into her arms - comfort immediately caressed my skin. 

"Lauren... I..." her voiced broke, followed by several tears escaping her face. 'I thought you weren't gonna...' I held her, not willing to break our grip. 

"I know but I did because I promised you." I said, stroking her hair. 

"Hello big sis!" I heard Chris say in the background, a massive smile one his face. I let go of Taylor to squeeze my brother in my arms. 

"I missed you." he nodded. Still holding onto him, soon joined by Taylor and both of my parents, joy found its way through my whole body, that same exhuberant feeling making my heart beat much hyper than before. I was home, where I belonged with my family. I was at ease, surrounded by those who love me, who cared. And yet I wanted to leave them all behind. 

   Thank God for Strike, even though he was a dickhead.

Sorry for taking ages to update. Hope you liked it!