Chapter 21

2 Weeks Later

Camila POV 

   "Hiding away from her is not going to make things better." Dinah managed to follow me to the bathroom, squeezing through the door as I was about to slam it shut, standing in the corner of the bathroom as I sat down on the toilet seat, the toilet lid over it. 

   Hiding was better than seeing her face. Each time I saw her face, guilt slapped me right in the face. Why had I given up everything, followed her all the way to a different country, and stuck by her? After all I've done for her, this is how she repays me - by shattering my heart into a million places. No one understood the love I had for her...

   "I never said I wanted things to get better." I answered. Dinah sighed, and shuffled towards the wall for more space but all she gained was another tap to the back. 

"Mila I know you're hurt-"

"If you knew I was hurt, you wouldn't try to make us speak again." Dinah let out another mental sigh. 

"It's not only me, you know. The girls want you guys to speak again because it's really awkward trying to speak to the both of you in the same room and it's definitely awkward if we're on tour for two months-" I shook my head. 

"It wouldn't be awkward if she didn't..." I trailed off. 'I'm sure she doesn't want to talk to me.' I added. 

"You never asked-" I scoffed.

"Yeah! Why would I want to make up with her? The last time we spoke, that was definitely the last thing on her mind." 

"Can you at least give it a try-" I scoffed again. 

"should give it a try?" I questioned. 'Why s-should I...' I tried finding strength in my voice to show Dinah I was over it. But who the hell was I fooling? It's been two weeks since out dramatic break up and it seems my feelings were not hidden. Whenever she was around, I had to leave the room before she could get a glimpse of my tears. 

   Dinah found her way towards me, crouching down so she could be on the same level as me. 

"Aw Mila!" she comforted, stroking my shoulder. 'Don't cry, please don't. I know you're hurt and I'm sorry for addressing it, okay? You don't have to speak to her then, yes?' 

"I just... I just really loved her, you know. I followed her out there because it was all my fault she decided to..." she nodded. 

"I know the real reason why you guys left." My eyes flicked open, wiping my face dry, staring at her with unwanted tears still flowing down my face. 

"Dinah, what are you-" she groaned. 

"Lauren told me." 

"Why would she-" Dinah shrugged her shoulders, giving me a quick grin before rising. She loomed over me, looking taller than she already was. 

"How's Bryce?" I looked up at her, bewildered written all  over my face. 

"The last time I saw him, he ended a relationship that was dead a long time ago so I guess he's good (?)" I said in a confused tone, my saucepan eyes not leaving her sight. 'Dinah-'

"Okay." she nodded. Before she left the room, she looked back at me, a sympathetic smile on her face. 'Come out when you're ready.' I nodded, my legs crossed, watching her body slide out of the bathroom before she was out of sight. 

   Why did I have to feel this way for Lauren? Why couldn't I see this coming? The past days we spent together , I should've noticed something; her willing to have time alone without me around, that should've alerted me... if I ever had one wish, I wish I had never laid eyes on her.