Chapter 23

Normani POV

   "Is Lauren back yet?" Ally asked, settling herself next to me with a notebook and pen in both hands. 

"Not yet, I'm sure she'll be back soon." I answered, confused why she was wondering about Lauren. 'So you and Lauren are cool then?' she nodded. 

"Of course! I'm not gonna shun her just because of her and Mila's issues. Yes, Mila's hurt but it doesn't mean I have to take sides." she scribbled away in her notebook  before looking up at me. 'And you shouldn't take sides either. Lauren was your friend before their problems started and just because they have issues, it doesn't mean you should take sides.' she added, raising her eyebrows. 

"But she hurt Mila, real bad. I can't forgive her for that." 

"I know, I can't either for now, but I'm trying to see her side as well." I raised my eyebrows this time. 

"Her side?" I asked, baffled. 'What reason did she have to treat Camila so shitly?' Ally held her chin, humming for a while before shrugging her shoulders. 

"I've got no idea but I guess everyone has a reason for everything." she said, head low, writing something in her notebook. 

   Of course I still considered Lauren a friend but after what she did to Mila, I don't know what she is to me. I know Ally wants me to see her side but I can't. She wasn't the one that was being woken by her cries at one o'clock in the morning. She's not the one that has to get her out of bed for a photoshoot, or an interview but yet she has the AUDACITY to convince people to see her side! 

   Ally was still scribbling away in her damn notebook when Dinah walked in. She shot me a few quizzical glances before giving Ally her full attention. 

"Allycat, what are you doing?" Dinah asked, still staring at her. 

"Writing." she answered vaguely.

"Writing what?" Dinah quizzed. 

"I'm just planning something. Me and Lauren are doing some kind of project together."

"And how come we're not included?" I asked. Ally sighed. 

"I told you guys to see Lauren's side but yet you're being very bias. Yes, Camila's hurt but don't let it get in the way of you guys and Lauren's friendship. I've actually spoken to-" 

"Hey guys." said a voice standing at the door, gazing at us with her brown eyes. Ally immediately stopped talking, didn't greet Mila back but decided to go back to inscripting words onto her page. 

"Hey Mila, you hungry?" Dinah asked, giving her a few smiles before turning to face me, giving me a look to say "Play along." 

"You must be." I said, stupidly. 'I mean, it's Mila!' she nodded, not looking at either me or Dinah, her full focus on Ally. 

"Yeah I am hungry actually." she answered, turning to face me. 'I could eat a horse right now.' she let out a slight chuckle, replacing her exuberant laughter that would ring in your ears for many minutes. Even if the joke wasn't that funny, the unhurt Mila - the real Mila - would still be laughing on her own. I would do anything to hear her laugh again...

"What do you want to eat?" DJ asked, digging her head into the fridge, replacing some things to get a good look if there was something decent to eat; I mean it is Mila we are talking about.

"Anything." she answered vaguely, settling herself next to Ally.

"Okay, I'm going to make you a banana and jam sandwich, yes?" Dinah looked over her shoulder to Mila, who wasn't paying attention but giving Ally's page its full attention instead. 'Earth to Camila?' As Mila turned to face her, Ally put an arm over her work, disallowing Mila access to gaze at it.