Chapter 34: Gold Dust (Part 1)

Lauren POV

  I collapsed into the Doctors' arms; their cold fingers on my bare legs as they levitated me to the black wheelchair - which was located on the edge of my bed. 

"There, there," the female doctor muttered as she carefully settled my legs, unhurt, onto the calf strap footplates. I placed my paralyzed feet onto the footplates, smiling slightly; I was finally leaving. 

"Thank you so much." I grinned at the Doctors', who immediately grinned back. 

"It's our pleasure." the male doctor answered, giving me a slightly flirtatious grin which sent a cringing sensation coming from my head all the way down to my stiff toes. Wilma's presence joined me as she squatted down next to me. 

"I think it's time to go." she said in a hushed voice only available for my ears before standing up, giving the male a doctor a dirty look; changing her dirty look to a smile when she laid eyes on the female doctor. 'Thank you for everything, but it's time for Lauren to go and meet her friends outside.' Wilma announced aloud. 

"Just wait a sec," the male doctor called, removing a piece of paper from his pocket.

"No, it's really not neccessary-" I began before the doctor shook his head. 

"I insist." he smiled. He revealed a white piece of paper, still with that wide grimace plastered on his face. His gleaming brown eyes were still joyously focused on my baffled gaze as he handed me the creased page. I exchanged bewildered looks with the female doctor who had her arms crossed and Wilma, who was glaring at the perverted doctor. 'All clear.' his mask-like face revealed another wide grin as he retreated back to where he was located before he approached me. 

"Great (!)" Wilma groaned sarcastically. She shot a look of contempt at the man, turning to give a quick smirk at the female before grabbing the handles to the wheelchair I was perched on, rolling me out of the hospital room. 

   "Uh, that doctor! Never met someone so unproffessional in my life." Wilma scorned, but I wasn't paying attention. This guy really wasn't giving up, was he? No one seemed to listen to me when I tried to warn them about this psycho! He knew where I was, better yet he could be anywhere. He could be peering at me from the blue waiting seats opposite me or he could be waiting outside with an armour, ready to fire at me... I looked behind me - a plump woman with a round face, holding a little baby with massive rosy cheeks glanced back at me instead of a young boy with an avalanche of chocolate brown hair, with inquisitive green eyes squinting angrily at me. Okay Lauren, you're just overreacting. Wilma was still moaning as we reached the entrance of the hospital, the gentle zephyr blowing in my face; its soft texture making my tangled locks even more matted.

   "Lauren." he mouthed. There he was, standing in front of me with he eyes agaped; his mouth cloning his eyes' action as his full focus was on me. Tears rushing down my face, my foot on the accelerator, I was not willing to stop. With the stolen car's speed increasing, his escape was inevitable. I was the cat, lunging at my prey as the small grey mouse gazed up at me with eyes filled with sorrow...

   "Lauren?" Wilma called. 

"Shit." I muttered as I was jolted back into reality, facing four girls who had been hovering over me. 

"Is everything okay?" she asked, patting my shoulders. I nodded, focusing my gaze on Ally who had her eyes on my hands. Following her gaze, the white page beamed in the Californian sun. The words:

You look really beautiful when you sleep, too bad I couldn't stay and chat. Maybe next time, beautiful. Oh yeah and, get well soon while you have the chance Snow White.