Chapter 32: History Repeats Itself

The Airport

   She was getting what she deserved; the whole world was bound to know what she had done to him. Acting online was for the weak; he was acting on his own terms and his own conditions. He was going to face her, like she had done to him.

   His mind teleported back to when he was walking on the hard concrete floor, the sun setting on the horizon. He sighed deeply as he strutted; knocking the front of his shoes on the uneven pathway. The ball of light set its eyes on his arms, the warmth embracing his skin as he stepped closer towards the point of no return. The deserted street met him; no car in sight as the trees swayed in the breeze with the waft of sweet air brushing his cheek. The birds chirped as the sky breathed on his head, his hair blowing in time with the wind speed. Wiping sweat off his face, he gazed up at the birds who were scurrying away away from a growling dog heard. He looked back to have the derelict street sneer at him, there was no dog and the birds were gone; so he was alone. His tongue explored his mouth, the taste of the cheeseburger he had earlier coming back to welcome him. He swallowed, saliva going down his once dry throat. Walking to the middle of the road, he looked to his left then to his right. Nothing.

   But he was mistakened...

   ... Tyres squawked against the road; the ear-splitting wails of the wheels throbbing in his ear. Clasping his hands over his ears, he squinted at the car, the sun setting overhead. The lights emerging from the headlights blinded his view as the vehicle was getting ever so closer. The tip of the car was in spitting distance, the speed accelerating as he stood there; motionless, his heart thumping, puncturing his ribcage. The girl grimaced at him, her furious eyes manoeuvring the car. The metal collided with his leg. Feeling part of his leg detaching from its normal position, a booming yelp withdrawing from his mouth, he glanced at the driver. Her piercing green eyes were replaced with flaming red ones, tears descdending down her cheeks.

"Lauren..." he whispered.

   His body was on the roof the car, travelling with the car still rapidly moving, the wheels rubbing against the floor. Soon after, he found himself on the ground, his shattered pelvis aching. A trickle of blood was escaping his head and staining the floor as his murderer rode away, the car's engine heard before its form disappearing into the street corner. He breathed his last breath before feeling his heart beat slowing down... until there was hardly any pulse left.

   But yet he was here - alive - handing the man behind the counter his plane ticket.

"Family over there?" the man questioned, typing away on his computer.

"No, just business I have to take care of." he answered boldly. The man behind the counter raised an eyebrow before handing his ticket back.

"Enjoy your flight." he nodded, snatching the ticket from the man; taking his backpack and entering the hallway. Many eyes watched the 18 year old boy as he walked passed them, an infuriated glow in his eyes.Bryce Perry is back, watch out Lauren.

Lauren POV

   "She slept quite late yesterday, but I'm sure she'll wake up anytime soon. She always does." Wilma's voice rung in my ears as my eyes were slightly open, light replacing the darkness which blinded me. I slyly pulled the rough covers over my head, attempting to shut down the the noise around me but failing.

"How is she?" a woman questioned.

"Better." Wilma again. 'Her body is healing really fast and in no time, the Doctor said she'll be out of here. But in a wheelchair.' 

"What?!" a man boomed. 'A... a wheelchair? But she just...'

"Fell? She fractured her pelvis." Wilma mentioned. The couple sighed. I heard the man whispering into the woman's ear in Spanish. Wilma stayed quiet and watched them intently. 'She's only going to be in a wheelchair for a couple of months, it's not like she's paralysed from the waist down.'