Chapter 6

☀️  

I can't believe he actually said yes.

I asked without thinking it through first, but seeing him think it over and agree has me setting a plan in motion as we walk through the parking lot.

Once we settled in he muttered off his address and we were on our way. About halfway there I spoke up.

"Mind if we stop at my house first? It on the way and this shirt it really itchy." I swear he rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses before he said it was fine.

Pulling into my driveway I cut the engine before crossing over to his door and leading him in. Walking towards my room I direct him to sit on my bed while I rummage through my closet for something comfortable to wear.

"So Alexander-"

"Alex" he cuts me off.

"Alex...Do you have any siblings?" I ask as I pull my shirt over my head.

Just when I think he is going to ignore me he finally responds in that deep voice of his.

"No"

Picking up the T-shirt I picked out I turn to him ready to ask another question when suddenly

"What are you doing Beauty!"

Both of us crane our heads towards my still open bedroom door. Looking back at me, my sisters eyes are wider than I've ever seen them before.

"Are you giving him a strip show?! Who even is he? I'm telling mom and dad when they get home."

Sighing I finish putting my shirt on. "Alex this is my little sister Amy, Amy this is Alex. He's blind. So even if I was giving him a strip show he wouldn't be able to see it."

"Oh"

Rolling my eyes as her shoulders slump in disappointment I walk past her calling over my shoulder. "I'm making a snack, you want anything Alex?"

"To go home" Using his probing cane he follows the sound of noise I make while getting all the ingredients I need for a sandwich.

"After. You sure you don't want anything?" Opening his mouth to surely tell me no, his stomach beats him to it with a loud rumble.

"Fine" Slumping into the bar stool he found, he leans his cane down as he waits for me to make him something.

As soon as the BLT is set down in front of him he quickly snatches it up and devours it within a few bits as if he had been starving, licking his fingers clean.

"Want another?" humor lacing my voice.

Scowling a red tint grows on his face in embarrassment. "No, just take me home."

Sighing I know I lost him to the teasing. Picking up my jacket we head out the front door down the sidewalk.

"Why aren't we heading for you car?"

"You want to go home didn't you?" Biting my lip I hope he doesn't freak out.

"I have been for the past hour but you have been keeping me hostage." Walking up to a set of stairs we stop.

"Well here you go." His eyebrows burrow down in confusion. "Welcome home...neighbor"