24

May 5th

I have done stupid things, honestly, but now I really fucked shit up big time. People are making a lot of noise and I just stare at the ground. Step by step I get closer to the door. I show the ladies my ticket and I board the plane. It's almost five o'clock in the morning and I might be escaping Barcelona. Richard would not let go of my hand yesterday and it felt amazing, but when he kissed my cheek before we went to our own rooms, there was a glint of hope in his eyes and I knew I couldn't stay. I made a deal with myself and this stupid boy is trying to make me break that deal. I don't want to feel.

Home. After being with people for a few days, this place feels like it's too big for one person. I turn on my phone and it goes absolutely crazy. Missed calls from everyone I just left in Spain, but also messages from customers. One unknown number has called me a few minutes ago. I call them and they pick up immediately. 'Hi this is Jodi.' 'Jodi, oh. Hey.' 'Autumn? Is this you?' 'Yes this is me.' 'What are you doing today?' Oh right, Liberation Day. Music. Parties everywhere. Yes. Fifteen minutes later, Jodi is knocking on my door. I let her in and we start drinking and talking. She tells me she likes my job and "will consider joining the business". I tell her not to and we take some shots. 'Early day drinking with someone of who I ruined the relationship. This is new to me.' Jodi checks her watch and laughs. Yeah, we're pathetic. 'Well, I'm glad you did. He was actually cheating on me, but not with you. He didn't like me very much. He did like my father's money apparently. I did always wonder why someone his age would date someone like me.' 'You're hot tho.' I take a sip from Morgan. 'You are so nice Autumn, thank you. You are as well.' Jodi is a cool person and very nice. Not judgemental. But I'm not telling her my real name yet.

'I FUCKING LOVE YOU JODI.' 'I LOVE YOU TOO.' We are both dancing with very handsome males. She starts snogging him and I laugh. The man from Brazil starts leaning in and I sigh. His lips touch my empty cup. 'I finished my drink, could you get me another one.' I am so fucking drunk. And it's only half past one in the afternoon. Jodi is a terrible person to go drinking with, she keeps on going. She is crazy drunk as well, but she doesn't stop drinking. My phone vibrates in my pocket. 'Yoooo.' 'Tiffany, is this you?' 'Nah, this is... Euh fuck. I think this is Spring.' 'Where are you? Where is the loud music coming from.' Then a drunk person decides to climb on the stage and grabs the mic. Why do the people up in the sky hate me so much? He starts singing and screaming in Dutch. 'You are back in The Netherlands.' 'It's Liberation Day.' 'She is so fucking drunk, I can hear it in her voice.' 'Katarina, you can keep the phone away from your mouth, but I can still fucking hear you.' 'Why did you leave?' Richard. No. 'I had to. I am sorry' My voice lets me down and I sound like a squirrel. 'Please be safe.' And then he ends the call. I am attacked from behind and almost drop my phone. Before I can kick the person in the balls, I get pulled away from the small square. 'Jodi, what the?' 'He's the worst kisser ever, I want someone else.'

Jodi nicks a french fry from the plastic plate and I laugh. We're eating like pigs, but I am loving it. 'I fucking love fries.' I sigh. 'Yeah me too. And pizza.' 'Oh damn yes, pizza. Maybe we can get pizza later.' 'I am so happy that Lucas hired you as his girlfriend. One big shout out to that motherfucker.' She raises her drinking cup and then takes a sip from the straw. I laugh at the face she pulls. She starts drumming her fingers on the table. 'This is a shout out to my ex.' Oh no, she's singing. 'He fucked and hired other chicks. Befriended one oh yes I did. Forget that boy I'm over it.' I laugh at the lyric changes and clap. But she's not done. She climbs on the table and starts dancing. She's making a fool of herself. 'Jodi.' I try to get her down, she starts singing louder. So I shrug and climb on a different table and start singing with her. Everyone in the snackbar is staring, most of them are clapping along and one girl is singing along. My phone vibrates again, but I'm in the middle of my solo, so I throw it at a girl standing near me. 'Hi, yeah we're at the Febo at Leidsestraat. Yeah you're friend is dancing on a table.' I hear her saying, but I have no idea what she's talking about. She gives my phone back and Jodi and I finish our performance in the most spectacular way ever. We put a bitterbal in our mouths. 'We want more! We want more!' Even the people working are applauding us. 'Ladies and gentleman. This is "Up all night" by One Direction.' Jodi says before accepting a kroket as a microphone.