49

May 23rd

KATARINA POV

Richard hides his face in his hands. 'I can't believe I fucked this up.' Erick pats him on his back. 'I can't believe you did either.' Joel is mad, he's been mad ever since he found out about this. India rests her head on his shoulder, but he shrugs her off. She kisses her cheek and he doesn't say anything. 'Joel, it wasn't serious. We have explained ten million times now, it wasn't serious.' I try. 'You are the worst best friend a girl could have.' Joel gets up and walks out. India looks out of the window to watch him walk away. 'Wrong timing India, things will turn out great for you.' She nods and I smile. Erick pulls me closer and I close my eyes. I can't believe I did this to her.

'What if she's somewhere in the gutter? What if she's tried to hurt herself? What if she's sleeping around again? What if she's dead?' We all saw it coming, but we didn't know when it would happen. Richard has snapped. Tears are running down his cheeks. He's breathing heavily. Zabdiel hugs him, trying to make him stop pulling his hair. 'She told me everything. She trusted me.' He drops to the ground. Chris shakes his head, lets go of Jodi and walks towards Richard. 'Come on drama king.' He lifts him up and makes him sit on the couch. 'She'll be fine. And honestly, I think she has a good reason to sleep around. Sleeping around won't ever hurt you as much as you hurt her. So get yourself together and just let it go. If she's stupid enough to ever come back to you, she'll be back. If not, she won't be back and you will have to move on.' He pats him on the back and takes Jodi upstairs. They're not dating, not yet. Christopher really likes her, that's what Erick told me.

'Rich, we need to talk.' He shakes his head. 'I don't want to talk. We fucked up. This was your idea. You knew I liked her already, but still made a bet out of it. Telling me it would never work out and I could never change her.' I know he's right. It was my idea to make a bet out of it. 'But it was never serious.' 'But she doesn't know that.' He's right about that as well. 'Lunch is ready.' Richard sighs something about this day going by too slow and he wants it to be night so he can go out again. We all sit down at the kitchen table and poor India decides to be the one to tell Richard that what we all believe is the truth. 'Maybe she doesn't want you to find her. So maybe you should give up.' He jumps up and looks furious. 'Don't you dare get angry at her. You know she's right.' Zabdiel says while getting up as well. 'She doesn't understand. None of you do. If we don't find her soon, bad things might happen to her. She might drink herself to death. She might...' He doesn't finish his sentence. He wipes away the tears from his face and leaves the kitchen. I flinch when I hear him slam the front door shut.

TIFFANY POV

The man in the white coat tells me something about alcohol poisoning. Oh fuck off. Same old shit, different day. Just get me out of this fucking hospital. Stupid doctors think they know everything. Well, you can't read everything in a fucking book you know. Feelings are not written down. Thinking about this, I remind myself about all those "cool" photos I used to heart on my WeHeartIt. Skinny girls with long hair standing on a train track. And beautiful letters ruining the photo saying "You know my name, not my story." AND THERE'S A FUCKING REASON YOU DON'T KNOW MY STORY BECAUSE PEOPLE FUCKING SUCK. I need to get out of here, I am going crazy. The man leaves the room and I decide to follow him, but my legs are too weak and I drop to the floor. All the machines that I am attached to start making loud noises and now I notice the tubes and the wires. Oh fuck me. The nurses get angry and they lift me up and they tuck me in like a baby. 'Give me food and let me go home.' They treat me like a baby, so I might as well act like one.