Other Things

Christian's P.O.V

I look at Kai as we sit in Mr. Baldwin's class. At this point I'm not even listening. I can't seem to pry my eyes away from him waiting for him to laugh and tell me that what he said last week was just a joke. But he hasn't. On top of that. . .nothing has changed.

I told him everything ranging from Melanie to my father. It was my first time opening up to someone new in a very long time and I feel close to vulnerable right now. . .but I know he wouldn't say anything about it. I hear him let out a sigh as his eyes fall from the projector and onto his sheet of paper filled with doodles. His eyes look up for a second before looking at me with a grin.

" Hey."

"Hm?"

" Let's go on a date." A bright blush begins to go all over my face as his smile grows even wider.

" I'll take you wherever you want~"

I act like I need to clear my throat and advert eye contact with him. " No. You can just make me dinner. Make up for every last meal you missed." I say slyly back causing him to laugh but quickly stop as Mr. Baldwin looks at us.

" True. I wouldn't mind cooking for you. You know I'm pretty good at it." He says softly close to my ear.

" Oh really?"

"Yup. But feel special, I've never cooked for anyone besides my mom."

" More like afraid."

He nudges me and I begin laughing collecting the stares of our classmates again and quickly quiet down. The bell rings before Mr. Baldwin can address us and we almost immediately begin to pack up our things and shuffle out the door. " You know I think he has it out for you now."

I shrug my shoulders and start to walk down the hall towards the entrance of the school. " Yeeea. Well oh well. It happens I guess."

" You've been around me far too long. Around the first time I met you, you would be freaking the fuck out whining about a note or phone call going home." I roll my eyes as I smile a little. He's definitely right about that.

" Well, you were good for something after all I guess." He looks at me and smiles before letting out a small smile.

" Yea? I'm good for a lot of other things too."

" Perv."

" I'm really not. I just am when it comes to you. I would love to see what's-" I smack my hand over his mouth and try to stop a smile threatening to spread across my face. "No. Not gunna happen."

" Hey Kai!" Izzy yells while running up to him and hugs him. " Hey Christian~" She lets go of him and gives me a hug as well.

" Well, aren't you in a happy mood?"

". . .Well, yea. I have umm. . .you know the girl I ran into a month or two ago?"

" Yea what about her?"

" We're dating~ She asked me out you know!"

" Haha people ask you out?"

She hits him lightly on the arm as she smiles brightly at him. I can tell they have very close friendship and it's really cute. It reminds me of Sammy and I.

" Well, congrats. I hope she is as cute as you're saying she is."

" She is. She's so adorable and cute. . .and petite and funny and-"

" OK well I'm done with this conversation now." I see Kai beginning to turn around and I grab his arm almost out of instinct but quickly let go. " Yea you should introduce us to her. I hope things work out well with you and her." She nods and smiles at me.