Birthday

Kai's P.O.V

Have you ever heard of someone hating their birthday other than for turning another year older? Well, yea. That's me. I hate it. I fucking hate it. I have to see that man that helped create me and his demonic demon seeds. "My special day" shouldn't be making me feel like shit, but it does. I never hated a man more than I do him. He doesn't need to be apart of my life. I thought I made that clear the last time he tried to visit me.

I walk down the stairs loosening my tie in the process. Birthdays should be chill and relaxed not uptight and respectable. My mom comes over to me and fixes my tie again causing me to moan out loud. She kisses my cheek and messes up my hair a little until it looks perfect to her. I know her arms must hurt.

I grab both her arms to stop her from fixing anything else on me. "I look fine mom." I whine but she continues to fix up my three piece suit making me sigh out loud.

"It's your birthday honey. One more year and you're gone." She says playfully making me nudge her.

"Yea and then you'll really be an old lady with a bunch of cats." She laughs at this and hits me on my arm lightly.

"Did Chr-"

"He called me before twelve. . .he wanted to be the first one to say it." I say while scratching my hair absently as a slow blush starts to appear on my face.

"Oh?~ Is that why you fell off your bed? From excitement?"

I roll my eyes as she begins to shake me. "Someone's in love huh?"

"When are we leaving?" I can feel my face starting to burn from pure embarrassment. I am so far gone it's impossible to find my way out. I swore up and down that I would never let myself get like this again and here I am. . .

"Come on. They should be there by now."

I follow her out the door as I lock it and head towards the car. Before I get in I gaze at the house across the street and let out a sigh. Honestly I just want to lay in bed with him and just sleep, eat and repeat. I don't want to go to a fancy brunch and eat with people I hate. My mom honks the horn which causes me to reluctantly get in the car.

I can't wait to get back and spend the rest of this Saturday with him. He's supposed to be giving my present today. Izzy and Alex said they'll give me mine at school since they know how much I want to spend this weekend alone with him. I admit I haven't been the best of friend, but Izzy has gone off with Melanie every weekend and Alex in turn has been messing around with Crystal.

If we were to triple date it would be hell on earth. Crystal and Izzy used to date and Alex has had a low key crush on Izzy for forever now. It would be terrible. Plus I'm hoggy with him. Another thing I must admit to. I honestly have so much flaws. How can he really want to be with someone like me?

I drift off into my mind as I stare out the window watching the trees and road signs pass by. As soon as I am about to doze into a deep sleep the car comes to a halt and my mom gets out almost immediately. She straightens her pencil skirt, tucks then re-tucks her shirt a little, and brushes off her heels. "Don't tell me you're actually trying to look good for the man?" I ask as I step out and look at her.

This only causes her to scoff. "No Kai. I just want him to understand what he had exactly given up in order to be with some other woman."

"Come on. Let's not keep them waiting." She says with some sass making me smirk. I see why so many people say we act the same now. I get my smart mouth from her. I start walking into this posh restaurant dawned in white, flowy drapes and vases full of various color roses set on each table. A dark, sultry, red napery blankets the table. The chairs are etched out in an intricate mahogany design making me grudge even being here for a moment longer.