More

A watch? Naaah. Cologne? I know he loves that stuff. . . Maybe a shirt? Or sweater. . .? I close the Nordstrom catalogue and let out a sigh. I have never got a guy something as a present before so this is just frustrating. His birthday is in less than a week. 

My sister comes behind me and snatches the catalogue out of my hands causing me to sigh out even more. She can have it. I'm through looking at it anyway. I see her pull out a chair and sit in one of the dining room chairs right next to me humming a tune I don't even know. 

Wait. "You're a girl. I almost forgot." 

"You're fucking rude. Of course I'm a girl. I thought the boobs would help that along." She says smartly and goes back to looking through the look-book. 

"You had plenty of boyfriends so did you get them anything?"

"I only had five and I got one of them something. . .why?" Her light blue eyes meet with my darker ones skeptically. 

"I uh. . .need to get someone something."

"Don't bother trying to brush it over. It's for that Kai guy you've been tongue-in-cheek with. Your fine ass boyfriend."

I open my mouth to say something but a smile appears on my face. She always knows that's why I never told her. We're close enough like that. "Yeah, it's for him."

"I have to admit I'm pretty jealous. . .you're in an actual relationship before me. On top of that a drop-dead gorgeous man." She says while lolling her head back and letting out a sigh. 

"You might have won this one. There isn't enough hot guys in the school to match him in looks in my opinion." 

"Maybe if you keep your boobs in your shirt yo-"

"They are in my shirt. . .for now." She says with a wink causing me to fake vomit. "Besides, I have my eyes on one person right now."

"Ok well anyway." I say trying to end the story about her life. That's a Kai move. He really is rubbing off on me.  "I need to get him something for his birthday. It's next week."

"Get him whatever you want. He's going to love it either way." 

"Yeah, that didn't help at all."

"I'm serious. Do you see the way he looks at you? He'll just be happy that you got him something. . ." 

I give her a dull look and she sighs out. "Fine what does he like? His hobbies maybe?"

"He's a really good singer. I've never told him that though. He's a great cook and a pretty good dancer." I say unable to hide the big grin plastered on my face. "He's-"

"Yea uhuh. He's perfect. I get it." I laugh out loud at this.

"I definitely didn't say that."

"But you were thinking it~" She says teasingly. 

I rake my hand through my hair trying to hide the heat rising up from the pits of my stomach to my face. "You're falling and you're falling hard."

"I know."

"Just remember try not to fall too hard. . .He's that type of guy you know. It's better if you think of the present yourself I guess. I can't really help, but get him something to remind him just who exactly he's dating." She says with a wry smile. "It'll keep him on the straight and narrow."

"I get it." I say trying to keep from blushing in front of her. This is a moment that will go down in history. Me asking my little sister for advice on guys. I will never be able to live this down.