Chapter 14

Astrid's P.O.V.

Well, it's Thursday and I haven't gotten any bills yet. I'm expecting them any day now and I was hoping to keep them from my mom so she doesn't know what happened. I grab my bag and check at the front desk for any mail, slightly surprised to find none for me or my mother. I then walk outside and am about to start walking to school but pause as I heard someone calling my name. I turn around to see Heather running toward me from down the street.

"What?" I ask as she reaches me.

"I was gone yesterday, are you okay?" she asks and I look at her in confusion. "The tornado! I saw on the news that you were found in the Starbucks Cafe! Or whats left of it," she says.

"Oh, that. Yeah, I'm fine," I tell her and she sighs before we walk to school together.

"So, are you still going on a date with Hiccup this Saturday?" she asks, making my shoulders slump.

"He told you?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's really excited," she says. I nod as we walk into the school and I go to my locker. Once it's open, I feel a wave of agony hit my head. I apply pressure to my temple before reaching into my bag and pulling out the painkillers I got from the doctor. I pop one in my mouth before going to the water fountain and swallowing it.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Hiccup asks as I straighten from the stream of water. I jump at the sound of his voice, not noticing that he was right next to me.

"Fine, how are you?" I ask, walking back to my locker.

"No, not like that. How's your head?" he asks.

"It's fine," I tell him as I grab my books and walk to class.

Time skip

I walked into the garage before going to my locker and grabbing my apron.  When I get out of the locker room, Gobber pulls me to a desk and makes me sit. "What's goin' on, Boss?" I ask as he puts a jar in front of me.

"200 per kiss," he says and I face plant on the table.

"You hired me to help with the cars, not the perverted costumers," I tell him.

"Ye do this or ye're fired," he says and I slump in my chair.

"Jerk," I mutter with crossed arms before the first costumer comes in and sees my station. He walks over and slams two hundred dollars in the jar. I then lean forward and connect our lips for a moment before pulling away as he softly nibbles my bottom lip. "It's for a kiss, not a make out session," I tell him as he smiles.

"200's a good price," he comments and I groan as he walks to his car, now fixed by Gobber. I groan, resting my chin on my palm. This was gonna be a long day.

One hour later

I lean against my desk tiredly. My last costumer got kinda bitey so I broke the kiss early. I made a sign that said "Kisses are sold out. Next shipment tomorrow, come again!" The jar was full and over flowing slightly and my lips were chapped. I hear someone slam something on my desk and sigh.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we're all sold out," I tell them and hear a chuckle before sitting up to see Hiccup in front of me.

"Do not tell me you went through with this all day," he says as I rest my chin on the desktop.

"Take it up with Gobber," I say before noticing that he had put 300 on the table. I look at him and he smirks softly.

"Are you sure there's not one more in the back?" he asks and I sigh.

"I'll go check," I sigh, after a short pause, and walk to Gobbers office. "Hey, Boss, I told Hiccup we're sold out of kisses, but he offered 300. What should I do?" I ask. He looks up from his paper work to look at me.

"Yer jobe," he says before I sigh and hang my head. I then go back to my desk to find Hiccup still waiting there.

"You're in luck. We were able to find one more. It's the last until tomorrow," I say tiredly and Hiccup smiles before putting the money in the jar and leaning over the table. He gently tilts my chin up and slowly connects our lips. It hurt but I could tell he was trying his hardest to be as tender as possible. I sigh in comfort against his lips as he gently caresses my head. "You're my new favorite costumer," I sigh as he slowly breaks the kiss and flop down in my swivel chair.

"You look like you've had a hard day," he says as he hands me a tube of lip balm. I take it gratefully and apply it to my lips before giving it back to him.

"Tell me about it," I sigh, massaging the bridge of my nose.

"Okay, so who was the worst kisser?" he asks, sitting on the edge of my desk.

"I'd have to say the guy before you. He some how was able to bite my tongue," I say.

"You were doing tongue with the others?!" he whines playfully. I punch his arm lightly.

"While you're here," I say, pulling out the slip of paper from my wallet, "Where would this take me if I were to follow it?" He looks at the address before shrugging.

"I guess you'll have to find out," he says and my shoulders slump.

"I'm not in the mood for riddles," I whine, burying my face in my hands.

"It's not really a riddle, you just go to the address and see what it is," he says. Then Gobber comes from his office.

"How much did we make today?" he asks, walking toward us as I put my feet up on my desk.

"I made a little over 6,000," I tell him.

"Come on, Gobber. You're not actually going to make her do this every day, are you?" Hiccup asks.

"It makes money," he says, looking at the jar.

"Why don't you just sell copies of my lips? That's like 6,000 times more sanitary," I suggest and he just laughs.

"Some guys just need a woman's touch," he says.

"One, I'm not a woman; I'm a teenager. Two, I saw wedding rings on some of them!" I shout.

"So, who gets this money?" Hiccup asks.

"It's for the garage," I tell him as I walk to put my apron away. I hear him and Gobber talking to each other as I gathered my stuff. I couldn't hear a lot but I did hear something about Hiccup thinking I should get at least half the money and Gobber saying that he has enough to give me a raise, all I have to do is ask for it. I sling my bag over my shoulder and stand in the doorway of the locker room with crossed arms. "Yo, Gobba'!" I shout and they look at me. I point to the door of the garage and say, "I'm out. Catch ya later," before pushing off the door frame and walking out.

"Astrid, wait up!" I pause until Hiccup reaches my side then continue walking up the street. "You're not gonna collect your earnings?" he asks.

"Nope. The garage needs it more than me," I tell him.

"Are you serious?!" he asks and I take the 250, left from my shopping the other day, out of my pocket before putting it to his chest.

"Yes," I tell him as he puts his hand over the money when I continue down the street.

"So you use fifty of it and then you give it back?" he asks in slight annoyance.

"I'm getting paid today, I'll pay you back," I tell him before he grabs my shoulders and turns me to face him. Afraid he's gonna hit me, I squeeze my eyes shut and turn my head away while preparing for the pain.

"Astrid, look at me," he orders and I slowly open my eyes before looking at him. "This money, was for you. You're struggling to pay rent and you have three jobs, one of which you're out of. If you don't take this, there's a chance you'll get evicted," he tells me.

"Then I'll sue my mom," I say before I can stop myself.

"What has she done?" he asks. I break from his hands and look at him, seeing his eyes clouded with confusion and longing. Longing? What is he longing for?