Chapter 45

Astrid's P.O.V.

I woke up to be met with a different room than I fell asleep in. I scratched my head and stretched before noticing an arm wrapped around my waist, rather firmly. I looked over my shoulder to see Hiccup with his face buried in the back of my neck. I looked around for a clock and when I found one on the nightstand, I saw it was 6:49. I closed my eyes again and waited for ten more minutes to be up. I sighed in longing when the alarm went off a few seconds later. Hiccup reached over my body and turned it off. 

"Mm, too early," he murmured tiredly as he pulled me closer. How does this happen? One minute, we're at each others throats, and the next we're waking up in each others arms.

"New rule. No cuddling--or whatever you call this--on school nights," I say before he chuckles.

"Not if I have a say in it, m'lady," he says before kissing my ear.

"Well, good thing you don't," I tell him.

"Well that's a little harsh, dontcha think?" he asked, sounding very slightly hurt.

"No. Not when I have almost no memory of how I got here," I say.

"You don't?" he asks, still sounding drowsy.

"Last thing I remember is yelling at you," I say.

"Well, you slept pretty soundly. Couldn't wake you for the world. People tend to forget stuff when they sleep that heavily," he says.

"Why did I sleep so heavily then?"

"Probably because you've been sleeping less lately," he replies. I look at the clock again to see it was already 7:30. 

"Great. Dozed off and didn't realize it," I grumble before trying to get up. Then, I get pulled back to the mattress and an arm wraps around me like a teddy bear. "Hiccup, we're gonna be late," I tell him before he tightens his grip.

"Called us in sick. Go back to sleep, m'lady," he murmurs.

"Are you seri-" he cuts me off by putting his hand across my mouth.

"Just enjoy the long weekend," he whispers and I let my head slump to the pillow. 5 more minutes couldn't hurt, right?

4 hours later

My eyes eased open to be met with the same, different room. I tried to stand up again but was once again pulled back. "No. Come on, 5 more minutes," Hiccup grunts softly.

"I'm not tired, though," I say.

"Doesn't mean I'm not comfortable," he says and I sigh. "What? You're not?"

"I just kinda wanna go for a run before it gets too hot," I tell him.

"I think you can skip a day," he says.

"Five minutes are up," I say and sit up as Hiccup groans. "Why are we in here?" I asked.

"Well, we always sleep in your room, so I figured we could shake it up a little bit," he says as he stretched.

"What? When did-?" I cut off, looking at him in confusion.

"When you fell asleep I carried you in here, since my beds a bit bigger; we wouldn't be as cramped," he says and I notice that his bed was a queen. "I still don't get why you'd rather have a king," he says as he props himself up on his palms.

"Well, I didn't really expect to start waking up with a guy next to me," I say before he chuckles.

"Sorry for wanting to spend more time with my girlfriend," he says.

"It was before I was your girlfriend," I say flatly.

"You have night terrors you know," he says and I pause.

"Yeah. I know," I say, my voice quiet, "One learns to live with things like that." I pull my knees to my chest and rest my chin on them.

"How long have you been having them?" he asks.

"Few years, as far as I can tell," I say before he pulls me into his side, having us lean against the back head of the bed. I snuggled into his chest as he rubbed my arm.

"When was the worst one?" he asks as he rests his head on mine.

"I'd have to say the one I had when my friends found out. They'd taunted me for weeks," I say.

"Good thing you won't have to deal with them anymore," he murmurs and I square my shoulders.

"Change in plans," I said after a pause, "Let's stay like this for a while."

Two hours later

Hiccup and I got up about half an hour ago, deciding we were too hungry to continue snuggling. I'm actually surprised with myself, that I stopped trying to keep him at a distance. I guess the visit from the guys brought us closer or something. I was currently still in Hiccup's room, trying to find stuff to do on my ordered-week off. But, I couldn't think of anything to type into the search engine of his computer, so I was just staring at the screen.

"Hey, how's it comin'?" Hiccup asks as he walks in with a cup of coffee. He gives it to me as I sigh.

"I can't think of anything," I tell him before taking a drink.

"Well, what did you do last time you had a week off?" he asks and I break out in laughter. "Ah," he says as realization strikes him.

"Yeah," I say as I get myself under control. "Ooh, wait, wait, wait," I say as an idea comes to mind. I then pull out my phone and call Jess.

A: Hey, wanna help me have the best week ever?

J: I have a bad feeling about that.

A: I'll come to the Dragon Wing, act like a costumer, then you act like you forgot how to do everything and have me help you out...?

I don't get to hear her reply before Hiccup snatches my phone away. "Undercover working? I don't think so," he says.

"Yaddy, yaddy, yadda, I'm gonna be so bored," I groan before flopping down on the bed.