Chapter Nine - Camping?

"You can camp at my place."

I seriously honestly hadn't expected him to even suggest that. Oh come on, he's like a korean pop star! They didn't normally invite people to their homes unless it's a close friend or a family member, right? Because you really wouldn't know what kind of person you would be inviting home and you would be best not to invite trouble home. Was he being stupid? Well, that was my first thought...

"Are you serious?" I asked in bewilderment. "Do you trust me enough to invite me home? What if I'm a stalker?"

He looked at me and laughed. "Well, firstly by asking those questions show that you aren't a stalker or anyone close even. True, we don't know each other that well enough for me to invite you home to stay overnight. It's neither safe for you nor me. You as a lady... should be wary of strangers..."

"You are not exactly a stranger..."

He smiled. "Don't form your judgements so easily. When you come out to work eventually, you'll learn that there are all kinds of people. It's an interesting world out there. But you should never lower your defences. Always be protective of yourself," he cautioned.

I pouted with a nod. "Okay..."

"It's actually my parents' place," he answered. "It's much nearer to filming site so I thought I can camp overnight when I have late nights. This is a high security residential so at least, the door step would be clear."

"Okay..."

"And if you are worried about me behaving inappropriately, you can lock the door," he added. "I will hand you the key as well."

"Of course.... I wasn't....!" I tried to protest but he cut in.

"Young lady," he reprimanded. "You should be wary of strange men."

I laughed before I hopped into the car as he held the door open for me. "Thanks..."

 It was just like he said - the house was just thirty minutes' drive away tucked in a neat quiet neighbourhood barricade with security. It was like those apartments-kind of compound except these were houses on their own.

I had never been into any korean houses since none of my korean friends did ever got down to inviting me over to their places. Besides, they lived so far out away from school. Of course, the house was nothing like the fancy house we used for filming where Kim Tan stayed. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful house. There was a little gate for occupants to walk in. He parked his car just right outside the little gate. I wondered why he didn't park inside the house compound. I realised why when we stepped through the gate. There was a small little garden and a small little driveway. And there were already two other cars in the driveway. No wonder he had to park outside.

It was dark except for a dim wall light by the wall of the garden. I looked around to see any signs of dogs. I didn't want any to come jumping on me!

"We don't keep dogs," he informed me as if reading my mind.