Chapter Thirty five - Another unexpected visitor

Shane finally called me back on Sunday evening. It turned out that he had left the house without his phone without realising it. He was rushing for rehearsal. On a Sunday - which I thought was strange. Anyway, I didn't probe further. As long as he was willing to talk to me.

We were having breakfast on Monday morning before he had to leave for the House when I received a call from an unknown caller.

"Hello?" Shane watched me with equal interest.

"Hello," a male voice answered me. He didn't sound English. "Is this Ashlyn-ssi's handphone?" He pronounced 'handphone' in the korean way as in 'han-de-pone'.

"Yes, I am Ashlyn...?"

"Ah, Ashlyn-ssi!" he exclaimed with relief before reverting to a string of Korean. "This is Kang Shin-Hyo!"

"Kang Shin...Hyo?" Who on earth was that?

"I was the director for the Heirs when you came to study site," he said.

"AH! Mr. Director!" I exclaimed and bowed naturally. Shane looked at me curiously. Since the entire conversation was in Korean, he had no idea who the caller was and what was going on.

"How have you been?" I asked politely.

"I am fine," he answered. "I'm sorry. I asked for your number from Lee Min-ho ssi without your consent. I hope you are not angry."

"No-no, Min-ho ssi had told me about it."

"I am currently in London. You are in London too, right? Are you free to spare some time to meet?"

"Sure! When would you like to meet?"

"Today? Say about for lunch?"

"Lunch? Okay, sure."

We agreed to meet at Starbucks near the station at twelve noon. When I hung up, Shane was waiting patiently for my explanation.

"An old friend?" he asked. He didn't sound very happy.

I chuckled. "Yes, an old friend." Although I had no idea how old Director Kang was, I believed him to be at least fifty. That classified as old?