Chapter Twenty eight - We meet again

I couldn't remember the last time I text him but for sure it was a long time ago. It was a time when waiting for his text replies were the only thing I did for the entire day. Even if it was just one text. It would bring the smile on my face for the entire day. And if I didn't get anything from him, I would spend my entire day wondering what had happened to him.

My heart immediately went up a few pulses as soon as I pressed the Send button. Well, it wasn't as if he was going to reply straight away, I told myself. Perhaps he was busy. And I mustn't consider the possibility of him still having the same number.

Anyway, it was way past midnight. He could be sleeping. I should be too. I dropped my phone on the bed and went to get ready for bed. 

I was brushing my teeth when I heard the familiar Beep, Beep from my phone. I jumped. I hastily finished up my brushing, gargled and dashed back to the bed to pick up my phone.

Message from Minho.

The notification message blinked. I almost stopped breathing. He replied! He... actually replied. I nearly gave up all hopes. I opened the chatbox.

Hi there! How have you been?

It was just like two years back when he would reply no matter how late it was. And I would always wait for his messages before I fall asleep unless my slumber beat me to it. And it was comforting to know that he hadn't changed his number.

Hi! I've been fine. How about you? Not sleeping yet?

I held onto my phone as I waited with batted breath for his reply. I didn't have to wait too long.

Soon. Just got back from the Awards. Where are you? London? Working yet?

I smiled. It was comforting to know he was concerned about me. Yet it hurt too.

Did you win anything? I added a smiley. Yes, I'm already working. In a musical troupe. Actually, I am in Seoul now.

I wondered what he would be saying to that. Beep, beep. He was replying fast.

You are in Seoul now? When did you arrive? When will you be going back?

"Yes. I arrived yesterday. Will stay for a month.

I see. Business or pleasure?