V

Her paleness in the glow of the moonlight was the only reason Kylo Ren could see her out there

Her paleness in the glow of the moonlight was the only reason Kylo Ren could see her out there. She'd left the sliding glass door open so that they could still speak, and to air out the room, for which he was thankful. Sweat glistened on both of their bodies, but it didn't take long for them to chill off. Calista leaned over the edge of the balcony, her ankles crossed while she perched on her tip toes. Her hair blew in the wind, wildly, making her look like something, someone, exotic.

Kylo Ren sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, feet on the heated tile floors. He glanced around for his scattered black clothing, and then found his trousers. Stepping into them, he grabbed the bottle of champagne that was on his bedside table. It must have been put there along with the other women who were there before he sent them away. He was glad he did; though there had been some temptation, he would never have met Calista had he taken the bait. The champagne was warm, the bottle dripping wet from the melted ice.

"Aren't you concerned someone might see you?" Kylo Ren asked, admiring her stark-naked body, her bravery, her audaciousness.

"Should I be ashamed of what they might see?" she questioned.

He laughed, "No, I suppose not."

"The worlds are so filled with shame, shameful people. And I ask, why? Why must we be ashamed of the things we do, if they bring us pleasure?" she asked insightfully, then sipped her drink.

"Because sometimes the things we do are harmful to others?"

"There are always consequences to everything we do, good or bad. We cannot live our lives in fear of the bad consequences."

Kylo Ren raised an eyebrow, "You're insightful."

She shrugged, then glanced over the city and ocean, where it met with the night sky and became stars. "Simply observant."

A ship pulled in over the water, a cruise of sorts, with bright white lights and surely filled with drunk men and women. They toured the seas throughout the night, to show people the beauty beyond the city, though they never strayed too far. They always returned by midnight, to send viewers back to the casino where they could spend more money.

"That's my cue," Calista said suddenly, rising from her leaned over position on the balcony, and then slipping back into the warmth of the bedroom. She fished her dress from the floor where it had been kicked sometime during their romp, and she slid back into it with such finesse. It was then that Kylo Ren understood, and it shocked and pained him to figure it out.

"You're..." he began, but the words never left his mouth, as if he were not allowed to speak them.

"Leaving?" she asked. "I'd love to stay, but I was paid for a few hours, nothing more."