Epilogue

Kylo Ren and Calista were brought to the infirmary immediately upon their arrival to the Star Destroyer

Kylo Ren and Calista were brought to the infirmary immediately upon their arrival to the Star Destroyer. A levitating stretcher was brought for Calista, but Kylo Ren carried her in his arms, despite the pain in his side, the scarring all up his face, the agony he was in. It was the internal agony that hurt him more than the physical wounds, wounds that would heal.

If he lost Calista, that last part of him that was human would never come back.

He knew it was what was best for the First Order, but he couldn't bear to lose her. 

She was taken from him when he made it, droids with amazing surgical skills doing more than humans could, and yet Kylo Ren wished for it to be a person who tended to her, who kept her alive. Instead, he had to watch helplessly as she was attached to tubes and put in a coma. 

It was only after a significant amount of time that he allowed his own wounds to be tended to; Calista was alive for now, in a medical pod that would keep her so until her body recovered -if her body recovered. 

His actions were methodical as he removed his tunic and let the droids stitch up his wounds and clean up the blood; some of it was his, some of it was Calista's. 

When he was patched up, he went back to the medical pod, scrolling through the details of her injuries. Severe head trauma, concussion, some internal bleeding. She looked so peaceful there, pale but serene. 

"Kylo Ren," Hux said, "We've located the Rebels, in pursuit now."

"Very well," he managed. 

"Will she make it?"

Kylo Ren's eyes lifted, he stared holes in the wall in front of him. 

"This is on the Rebels," Hux said. 

"The Rebellion ends today," Kylo Ren stood up, using momentum he didn't know he had to bring himself to a stand. His anger was fueled, rage and sadness all swept up in one internal storm; regardless of if she survived, Kylo Ren owed it to Calista to kill them, to kill them all.

Every last Rebel.

Uh so yeah it's done

Uh so yeah it's done. People were asking if there would be a sequel; I planned on killing Calista to be honest, but I'm leaving that hanging in case I want to write more in due time? I probably won't, though, because this story pretty much started to suck around the time the writing and the movies ran parallel.