XXII

Kylo Ren finished interrogating the pilot, gathering the source information he needed; the map was in the droid, which was left behind on Jakku

Kylo Ren finished interrogating the pilot, gathering the source information he needed; the map was in the droid, which was left behind on Jakku. A search would commence, it had to. Already Storm Troopers were being sent down to the surface, although Kylo Ren was growing increasingly more concerned about their abilities. Yes, they were superior to the clones in some ways -for one they had more accurate aim- but they were not as easily assimilated. 

He did not trust that they could do this, and yet he had little choice in the matter. 

How hard could it be to apprehend a droid?

With the heaviness of the rebellion once again gaining traction, and potentially getting the upper hand if they managed to find Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren felt a rage fill him. Only when he thought of Calista did he remember to calm himself down before he overreacted. They were still ahead of the rebels, they had the numbers to end them, they simply needed to find them. Their hope had to be snuffed out. 

When he entered his quarters the lights were dim, but Calista was no where to be seen. He discarded his mask quickly. The scattered clothing she discarded prior to his interrogation were still on the floor, and he tuned in to the sound of water; she was in the shower. He rapped his knuckles on the door twice and heard a gentle, "come in" and so he did.

The steam of the shower filled up the entire room, making everything feel damp. He removed what he had on and joined her in the shower, the capsule shower door sliding open as she guided it from the inside. Kylo Ren closed it behind him using the Force, then trailed his fingers up her voluptuous hips, tugging her long blonde hair, then flipping her around. She placed her hands on the shower wall, looking back over her shoulder at Kylo with a grin on her lips. 

Kylo Ren forgot about everything else in the world after that moment. 

Dressed a while later, Calista braided her hair quickly while it was still wet. "I'm going back to Canto Bight. If you are too busy to come with me, I completely understand."

Kylo Ren hadn't expected this; it was a terrible time for her to disappear, or to take him away from his focus. However, he didn't want her to go alone. What he learned was that Naren was a snake and the thought of any harm coming to Calista made his blood boil. 

"It will have to be quick," Kylo Ren told her. 

"I understand," she replied. And she did. "I just need to get there, by any means, and I just need to kill him, by any means."

"And if you cannot do it?" Kylo asked. 

"Then I am weak," she said carefully, needing Kylo Ren to absorb these words so that when the time came, he could do what Snoke needed him to do. It felt wrong to force this on him. Changing her approach, she held out her arm. There was nothing strange about it, but then Kylo Ren remembered long ago he paid her and the payment was collected by an implant in her arm. Calista removed a blade from the nightstand and brought it to her wrist, "Can you stop the bleeding if I do this?"