X

Calista opened the door to her small home, the place was slightly upturned for no good reason other than she hadn't had the time to tidy

                Calista opened the door to her small home, the place was slightly upturned for no good reason other than she hadn't had the time to tidy. Rarely home during the day -and usually sleeping if she was- Calista didn't mind her own mess. A blanket strewn sloppily over the couch, a book propped open where she put it down and fell asleep the day before, all of it was mess, but it proved that she still had a life. She still had reason to go home when the casino and her patrons were calling for her.

There was still a privacy to her own life, and she appreciated having it.

Now she was showing Ben that private place, the only place that was her own -even if Naren did barge in here and there. There was something special about opening up that part of herself with him. Once inside, she breathed in relief that she was in a warm place, no longer being assaulted by the rains. Though she loved nature, she also preferred to appreciate it from within the warmth of her own home.

"Make yourself at home," she said with a shiver to Ben, then she crouched in front of the fireplace and began to make a small fire. Ash and coal blackened her hands, and the smell of fresh burning wood warmed her senses.

Ben walked in slowly, watching as Calista effortlessly made a fire. The place had a homey feel to it, something Ben hadn't felt in a very long time. It wrapped around him, the smells and atmosphere of it. Suddenly Calista rose to her feet, the fire steadily growing on its own now and no longer needing her attention, and she smiled at him.

"I'll be right back," she said, and then she disappeared from sight.

Alone in her bathroom, Calista ran her fingers through her wet hair, the droplets falling to the tile floor around her. She wiped away some of the smeared makeup from underneath her eyes, and then grabbed two warm towels from the cupboard. Bringing them back into the living room, she approached Ben and handed one to him. He took it gratefully and unfolded it, then dried off his long black hair with it.

Calista leaned sideways and let her hair fall to the side, and patted it down with her own towel. When she straightened, she studied Ben. Eyes locked on each other, there was a sudden intimacy between them; they were, after all, alone in her house. But it was not the same as the night before, it was something deeper than what they had shared the last time Ben had been on Canto Bight.

Calista dropped her towel to the ground, then slid her dress off of her shoulders. It pooled around her feet, and she closed the distance between her and Ben. Layer by layer, she began to remove the heavy black clothing that he bore. His hand touched her hip, caressing her gently, then wrapped around to her lower back and pulled her close. She knew she was irresistible, and she did not hold back her desire when it flowered inside of her like it did with Ben. His cowl and shirt were removed, exposing his bulky upper body, and Calista wrapped her legs around his waist.

He walked along, with no idea where he was going, and Calista gasped when her back slammed against the wall. In most cases the younger men were aggressive, they were pushy and forceful, but in this case, Calista wanted more. Her gasp turned into a groan as she dragged her nails down from the base of his neck to his strong Traps. The physical connection between them was undeniable, and in that moment there was nothing that could possibly get between them.

And nothing did as more clothing was removed, groans were emitted from mouths, deep inhalations were followed by the softness of skin on skin. Calista and Ben never made it to the bed, somewhere along the way the floor seemed like a good enough option. More clothing disappeared, underneath them like a blanket to soften to hard floor. Calista had her left leg propped up and her right leg wrapped around Ben's hips, and he was leaned forward so that his lips were only a centimeter away from hers, one hand brushing her wet hair from her face, the other between her thighs.

In the glow of the firelight, the wood crackling as it burned, there was nothing but bliss between Calista and Ben. Two people so different from one another had nothing but similarities between them. One thing and one thing only on their minds, they were unanimous. Despite the ache in her back from the hard floor below her, she felt only elation as they shared yet another intimate night together.

Ben leaned his head down so their foreheads touched, and then laid on his side, arm draped over her waist. Calista smiled at him, red tint in her cheek, her body tingling all over. Then she rolled onto her back and reached her arm around to find that towel that had discarded some time ago. Twisting, she rose to her feet and then instantly felt Ben's eyes on her.

"What?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder at him.

He propped himself up on his elbow. "You don't stick around long, do you?"

"Habit," she admitted, then walked into her bedroom, searching for something to wear. She slipped a loose white dress over her, it was nearly sheer and showed all of her curves as it was so light that it clung to her sweat-covered body. She stepped back into the hallway where her and Ben had gotten in their attempt to make it to the bedroom, and he was dressed as well, standing tall.

"You know, I think you would look good in black, or maybe red," he said, no evidence in his voice that he was upset at how quickly she disappeared, never lingering very long.

Calista arched an eyebrow, bringing her arms out to the side to show off the white dress she was wearing, "Alright Mister Dark Side, perhaps next time I'll try something other than my customary white."

He grinned, although there was something in his eyes that changed when she spoke. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by her.

"When will next time be?"

"I'm not sure," he admitted, that look in his eyes gone now.

"Well then, I'll have to hope to see your face every night, then."

He walked up to her, placing his hand upon her cheek. "The offer for such is there."

She leaned into his hand and closed her blue eyes. She did not like to dwell on the fact Naren would never let her go, that she would never leave Canto Bight, even with someone like Ben backing her. It didn't matter what kind of money that he had, there was only one thing that would make Naren release his grip on her, and that was to kill him.

And she didn't have it in her.