XIV

Kylo Ren removed his helmet and placed it safely in a storage cupboard on the ship

                Kylo Ren removed his helmet and placed it safely in a storage cupboard on the ship. His gloved fingers smoothed over the mask, feeling every groove of its perfection. Wearing such a mask prevented people from knowing who he was and using it against him. His parents, one of them at least, was the leader of the very Resistance that opposed what he stood for. The other served the Rebels before, and though he was nothing more than a criminal to Kylo Ren, he would stand against him if it came down to it. Every person he was related to stood against him, and Kylo Ren resented them for not seeing his vision.

But here on Canto Bight, there was no need to hide who he was. The name Ben meant nothing, the face of Ben Solo meant nothing. With a subtle eagerness to his walk, he made his way to the familiarity of the casino; in the back of his mind he could practically hear General Hux shouting at him for constantly disappearing in the rise of the First Order, but General Hux didn't understand what was at stake. Kylo Ren knew that today, he would find out Calista's answer.

As he reached the casino, he scanned for her. The telltale signs was her height above many of the others, her stunning blonde hair, typically her white dress that hung softly over her curves, though this time he was hoping to see red or black. But after a short duration of searching, Kylo Ren found the place devoid of her. Normally he could sense her presence, but this time she was nowhere to be found. His eyes narrowed as he realized she could be with another client, his hands balled into fists at the thought. Not of jealousy, but because it was what she had to do to put food on her plate.

He wanted to give her everything, so that she never had to do that again.

From the opposite side of the room, a man began to approach Kylo Ren, and navigated fluidly through the busy, drunken crowd. Standing before him, they were almost eye to eye, and Kylo Ren knew this man was Naren.

Naren clasped his hands together in front of him, "Kylo Ren, your presence is most welcome here."

"Where is she?" He asked firmly, his voice and posture stoic.

"Calista has informed me that she no longer wishes to attend to your needs. She ahs found you overbearing and it is impeding on her work. Many of her clients have complained that you have gotten in their way; just because you are rich, does not mean you can buy her forever. She's a whore, Kylo Ren, not a concubine," Naren stated.

Kylo Ren fought against the urge to kill Naren in one swift blow, composing himself and even allowing the hint of a smile crack onto his stony appearance. He made a soft noise, sort of a sigh combined with a chuckle. "Naren, right?"

"Yes, sir." Naren lifted his head higher, proud of who he was.

"You're lying," Kylo Ren stated. "I do not wish to make a scene, but if you do not reveal where you have hidden her, I will kill you, and I will still find her."