{13}

A/N: It's short but oh well. I'm tired and I've gotten only a handful of hours of sleep. Enjoy!

-cass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{13}

     Sleeping with David wasn’t the answer. I realized that as searched for my shirt the next morning. It was around dawn and for the second time this week, I didn’t go home. At this point I didn’t care if my father had called numerous of times and threatened to track me down. I just needed to be away- even if it was just for a night.

     But sleeping with David wasn’t the way I should have done that.

     David was still mad about the break-up. He still cared for me and by sleeping with him I wasn’t helping him move on. I didn’t mean to sound so full of myself but it was the truth. Why else would he tell me he loved me mid act?

     It freaked me out. But I had shut my eyes and just let it go. I should have pushed him off and told him that what we were doing was wrong. But I couldn’t.

     It was wrong of me not to. I was only adding gas to an already going dry grass fire. As I slipped on my shirt and stepped into my shoes, I took one last look at David’s sleeping form.

     As I left and silently closed the door behind me, a thought that seemed to haunt me echoed in my head as I slipped out of his front door and made a dash for my car.

     Why couldn’t I love him back?