{00}

{00}

             I found myself at the last place my twin sister stood before she was murdered.

            My hands were stuffed in the back pockets of my black skinny jeans and my eyes were fixed on the spot I last saw my sister. I could vividly see her tangled blonde hair and her blood staining her light dyed locks.

            A series of emotions filled me and I blinked back the tears that threatened to fall over.

            In the distance I could hear Bay and Conrad arguing. Carrie’s laughter as Mark chased her. I could hear everything. From the water running, to the birds chirping, to the wind blowing through the trees. I heard it all.

            It had been a few days since the court had sentenced Daniel Grove to life in prison for what he did to my sister. I still couldn’t believe Mia had known the things she did and kept them over his head. What was she getting in return? What was more important than her life?

            “You were such an idiot.” I whispered. “But you didn’t deserve it. No matter how much of a big bitch you were, you didn’t deserve that.”

            Turning away, I spotted Viktor leaning against a tall tree. His large arms were crossed over his chest and even from a distance I could see the small smile he was giving me.

            I jumped off the rocks and walked towards him. Bay and Conrad were now sharing a joint and Carrie was kissing Mark. They were my best friends.

            “You okay?” Vik asked as I neared him.

            I nodded and stepped into his stretched out arms. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

            And I was. I really was okay. Because the bastard who murdered my sister was dead and the man who ordered the kill was locked behind bars for the rest of his miserable life.

            And the out crowd had solved it all.