{19}

{19}

            I knew what I was doing was stupid, reckless, and insane on many levels. But I didn’t know what else to do. I acted on impulse and even lust. It was as if something had overcome me the moment Viktor opened the front door, towel wrapped around his waist, chest on full display. Water beads dripped down his chest as they fell from his wet hair.

            He stared at me with an even expression upon seeing me. “What are you doing here?”

            I swallowed the pool of saliva that had collected in my mouth. If my mouth hadn’t been clamped shut I would have drooled right there and there. Rolling my shoulders back, I flashed my most innocent yet sexy smile and took a step closer to him.

            “I was thinking,” I began as I trailed a hand down his chest and stepped into the house. Viktor shut it behind him and when I turned around to face him, I was already shrugging off my jacket.

            “About?” he asked with arms crossed over his shoulders.

            “The night after the party,” I smiled.

            “And?”

            I rolled my eyes and tossed my jacket onto the couch. All the while, Viktor stared at me curiosity swimming in the depths of his eyes. I pulled the band that kept my hair up in its messy pony tail and let it roll down to my wrist. My hair fell down in tumbles down my back and I pushed back strands behind my ears as I started to kick off my shoes.

            “Are you alone?” I asked my voice suddenly deep.

            I was quiet surprised with myself. I hadn’t ever done with sort of thing- throw myself at someone. Did David count as that with the other night? What if Viktor rejected me? My plan would foil.

            “Conrad is up in his room,” he replied with hesitation. “What the hell are you doing?”

            I smirked, “What does it look like I’m doing?” I inquired as I closed the distance between us and placed my hands on his bare chest. I could feel his heartbeat underneath my palm. It was beating quickly.

            Viktor looked down at me and realization flashed in his eyes. His hands automatically traveled to my hips and my smirk only widened. My hands slowly began to slide down but my eyes were locked with his as he spoke; a smirk of his own tugged at his lips as his hands traveled south and rested on my ass.

            “You’re playing with fire right now.” He whispered as he lowered his head.

            I could feel his hot breath on my lips and my body reacted to his touch. I wanted this. I actually wanted Viktor. “I don’t care.” I replied as my lips brushed against his. “You better take me up to your room,” I added, “Before things get out of control and Conrad walks down and sees.”

            “You’re just looking for fun, right?” he questioned.

I rolled my eyes, “Of course.”

Viktor chuckled, “I honestly thought you were above one night stands.”

“Are you done talking? Because I can leave, I can go to someone else like Dav-,” And then his lips were on mine, my legs were wrapped his waist and he was walking up the steps. As his lips traveled to my neck, I tilted my head back and tried to clear up my head.

            What I was doing was slutty; even I had to admit it, but I found myself wanting this. I liked to feel his touch; I liked the way he held me; I liked the way his lips felt. I just hoped I had a clear head afterwards to finish my plan.

            After all, I was more than positive he knew something about Mia’s death.