Chapter 25

Stan POV

When Kenny came back he told us he lost him at the edge of the woods, I had been comforting Kyle in the living room while he gripped tightly around a pillow. It was obvious Kyle was more than shook up, his eyes were teary and he refused to make eye contact.
Kenny sat across from us, and I knew what was coming.

"Kyle, what's going on?" There it was. Kenny had finally caught on, we couldn't hide it any longer.
Kyle sighed and began to explain, his voice low and quiet as he trembled out the words.

"Last year, when we all had those single cabins and the place was more spread out...I was on my own near the lake" he bit his lip holding back the shaking " I...so remember when we were all supposed to meet up for that campfire? And i-i was late?" He trembled.
Kenny nodded "yeah, I do..." He waited for Kyle to continue patiently.

"Well...when I was packing up some stuff for it, I...I turned around to leave and...h-he was there. In my cabin. J-just there...and...a-afterwards I told Stan, but I made him keep it to himself because I was scared..." Kenny didn't wait for him to finish talking, he put his arms around kyle and held him. Kenny glanced over at me and frowned, I'm not sure what to say. It was just us for so long, I was the only person who knew.
Now Kenny knows too, I can't be the only protection for him anymore.

There's a knock on the cabin door and we all jump, Kenny shot up and smiled "so, we have a guest and...I just thought he'd help cheer us up an all, and he doesn't know anything that's been going on"
He rubs his head and smiles.

Kyle wiped his eyes "w-who is it?"

Kenny made his way over and opened the door "hey Butter's"

Butters walked in beaming holding his bag on his back "hey fellas! Oh jeez, I sure am grateful for letting me stay here, Cartman's been making it a living hell over there!"

Kenny smiled "anytime butterscotch"

Kyle smiled at him and I guess I'm okay with Butter's being here to liven the place up a bit after today.

Kenny caught Butter's bags and put them on his shoulder bringing them upstairs to one of our rooms.

Kenny POV

I pass by Craig and Tweek's room and I can't help but peek in to make sure they're okay. Kyle didn't talk about what he saw, but it didn't seem good.

I tap on the door with my knuckles.
Craig's voice rang up in response.

"What?"

"Hey, you guys okay? Do you need anything?"

There's a silent muttering and I can hear some kind of back and forth with them. Then Craig responds "can you bring Tweek a coffee?"

I smile "sure dude"

"Thanks Ken"

With a sad sigh I step away and go back downstairs toward the kitchen, Butter's is making Stan and Kyle laugh with old stories and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out with him. I give him a smile before stepping into the kitchen, Butter's grins at me and I see a splash of red across his cheeks.

Hmm..

That could be from talking to fast.

I shrug it off and start making Tweek's coffee, it not like I know how to make it perfect or anything like Tweek or Craig would. But at least he can have one regardless.

I carry the cup out and Butter's watches me go with it back upstairs, he looks a little confused but goes back to his story.
Tapping on the door again Craig answers

"yo"

"Dude its me"

I hear a rustling and a sniffle, then Craig opens the door a little bit. He smiles sadly at me, his hair is a mess and he's wearing his T-shirt " Thanks Ken, he's doing okay"

"What happened?" I whisper.

"That guy tried to assault him" he whispered quietly back, taking the coffee. My mouth fell open slightly "shit, okay. Should I call someone?"

Craig thought about it, and shook his head. I had a feeling I knew what he was going to do about this and I wanted in.
We didn't say anything more on the subject and I let him get back to Tweek.
I returned back downstairs remembering that the fire still needed to be lit.
I pointed at the back door to Stan and he nodded getting up and following me out leaving Butter's with Kyle laughing.

I smile at my two favourite people before climbing back out into the snow with Stan to get the wood we left behind.

Butter's POV

Seeing Kenny bring Tweek a coffee confirms my thoughts, I knew he'd have somebody eventually... But Tweek? I'm a little disappointed. I've liked him since forever and I thought he wanted me to be here for a reason, but he's making Tweek coffee. Maybe I'm reading too far into this.

Then he smiles at me like that, why do you do this to me!? Those cute blue eyes...I hope Tweek doesn't hurt him.