Flashback 2

"So are you in?"
"Definitely" I said smiling, although it was a decision I regretted making. Hal had just asked me to homecoming. We had become really close over the last month and although I was really into him, I couldn't keep my secret for much longer. I was almost four months pregnant and sure enough it was quite visible. I only walked around in sweaters and mom jeans because they were the only items of clothing that were able to hide it.
It dawned on me that the next time I would see Hal was at homecoming. Shit. I had to tell him, before our relationship got to a serious level.
*
That night I decided on what I would tell him. That it was FP's baby and we weren't together anymore, that he could choose if he wanted to stick around and be with me or not.
*
Night of the homecoming dance:
"So I'll pick you up at around 8?"
"Sure" I replied and quickly hung up the phone. I had never been so nervous in my life. I headed upstairs to get dressed. I picked out a tight black dress paired with an oversized denim jacket to dress it down a bit and some heels. I also packed some trainers into a small bag because there was no way I would make it through the night wearing 6 inch heels whilst being pregnant. I quickly did my makeup and before I knew it Hal was already outside to pick me up. I took a deep breath and opened the front door. I wore the jacket of my shoulders so I was able to cover up the bump, and thankfully he didn't notice. We hopped into the car and drove to school.
*
"I'll meet you here in 10" Hal said before leaving to go talk with the principle about something. I quickly looked around to see if I knew anybody, and sure enough I saw someone I knew all to well. FP and Fred were on stage setting up the band. I hadn't talked to him in months, not that I didn't want to though. I decided to go behind stage and talk to him. I waited for a while and sure enough he showed up.
"Alice?" He seemed kind of relieved. But a happy relieved until he looked down at me. I realised I wasn't covering the bump and I wasn't sure what his reaction would be. I imagined him to storm off but then I remembered the real FP. The caring FP. My eyes started to tear up and I placed my hand on my stomach.
"Is it healthy? Are you doing ok?" His voice was shaky and he sounded as if he could start crying at any moment.
I looked at him and nodded, tears spilling out of my eyes. Before I could say another word he pulled me into a hug. It's what he always did to calm me down. All of a sudden I felt so safe. He pulled away a little and placed a hand onto my stomach. He immediately broke down into tears. The last time i saw him get this upset was the time I got attacked by mustang. Deep down I knew we still both cared for each other.
"What's going on here?" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me.
FP stepped away leaving me exposed to Hal. I could never forget the look on his face when he saw me. His eyes full of hatred as he looked at FP and me.
FP's pov:
He looked so mad, not upset, just pure hatred. He started questioning Alice and me, and to my surprise Alice stood up to him. She tried not to pull me into it but as Hal lunged forwards towards her I had no choice but to protect her. We weren't together anymore but I still loved and cared for her. Not to mention she was carrying my child, and I couldn't let anything happen to either of them.
I pushed Hal away and punched him. He fought back and I knew if I didn't get help, he could hurt Alice.
"Fred! Get in here!" I yelled
Fred came racing in alongside the other band members.
"Someone get Alice out!"
I was still trying to fight Hal off but I caught a glimpse of Alice. She looked terrified.
"Now!!" I screamed
On if the band members took Alice away and Fred came to help me. Eventually Hal gave in and disappeared. That was when I decided to go look for Alice, but she was nowhere to be found.