Adjusting

Alice woke up to the sound of her alarm. She turned over and saw that it was 4 o'clock, which meant it was time for Leo's feed. She slowly reached over to turn on the small light on her bed side table and rubbed her eyes once the light exploded through the room. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stretched, groaning as she knew this would probably take a while and she most likely wouldn't fall asleep again.

This was definitely the part of looking after a newborn that she hadn't missed. Countless feeds throughout the night which meant getting up insanely early. That being said, she knew any amount of sleep she would miss out on couldn't compare to the amount of love she had for her son.

Alice let out an exhausting yawn yet again before getting up and walking over to the crib that was placed at the end of their bed. She stopped to stare at her newborn son who was fast asleep. She didn't want to wake him but knew she had to.

Carefully reaching down, she wrapped her arms around him and gently picked him up, placing him on her chest and rocking him back and forth. Leo began making quiet noises which brought a smile to Alice's face.

"Hey there baby boy" she smiled, stroking his back

He let out a small cry as Alice changed his position in order to feed him. "I know, I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you up. It's ok sweetheart"

Leo continued crying softly which brought tears to Alice's eyes. She tried everything she could to try and get him to calm down but he wouldn't.

FP had always been a deep sleeper so it took him a while to hear the cries of his youngest son. As soon as he heard the soft cries coming from the other side of the room he immediately opened his eyes and looked around. He saw Alice standing there, clinging onto Leo, swaying him back and forth.

"Al? Hey baby what's wrong?" FP saud, cautiously getting up and heading to where she was stood.

"He won't stop crying and I don't know what to do" Alice sobbed, looking down at Leo.

"Hey, it's ok. Look, he seems to be calming down anyway" FP said, pointing at their son who's cries were becoming less and less.

Alice smiled briefly as she saw him slowly closing his eyes again. "Here, let me" FP said, hinting at the cot. He gently took Leo out of Alice's arms and place him back into the crib. He turned back around to face Alice and rested his hands on either of her arms.

"Sorry for waking you" she sniffed, wiping away the last of her tears

"Hey, no it's fine. Why didn't you wake me up in the first place?"

"I didn't want to bother you. At least one of us should be getting a good nights sleep" she sighed

"You know I care more about you than a good nights sleep. Besides, we're in this together. I don't want you to do this alone"

"Really?"

"Really."

"Thank you, that means a lot" she said, pulling FP into a hug.

FP stroked her hair and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you so much, don't ever forget that". Alice just smiled and tucked her head into his chest. "I love you too" she whispered

"Come on, let's go back to bed" FP said, taking her hand and guiding her to the bed.

They got in and Alice immediately cuddled up to FP, who in turn rapped his arms around her. Within a few minutes they were both fast asleep again.

It's been forever, I can't even remember the last time I updated this story. I'll try and get a few chapters up soon though, I have some good stuff planned! Also this is more of a filler chapter so sorry if it's not that good xx