School dance p.2

As soon as Alice saw Hal walk through the door, she quickly turned around to hide herself. She placed her arms back around Fps neck and he pulled her close, so close in fact that FP managed to feel Alice's heartbeat against his chest. It was beating frantically and he couldn't make out why, until he looked around and spotted Hal cooper.
"Alice don't worry, you're ok, nothings going to happen"
Alice nodded and laid her head in the crook of Fps neck.
Fp took a closer look and saw who he was attending the dance with.
"Guess who be came with"
"Penelope?"
"Yup"
"Oh well, I don't care. We're not together so why should I give a damm"
Alice spun around to take a look at them. It disgusted her. She was so focused on Penelope, that she didn't realise Hal had seen her.
He looked at his soon to be ex wife, who was dancing with her Highschool boyfriend. He noticed that she was keeping a close eye on his date, Penelope blossom. His cousins ex wife.
Fp noticed the way that Hal was eyeing Alice.
"Alice, we ought to go somewhere else. Hal doesn't look pleased"
"Ok, good idea"
He took her hand and they turned and walked back towards Fred and the other parents.
As Alice turned around, Hal managed to get a glimpse of her full body. Her protruding bump was what stood out the most. Hal was absolutely shocked. He watched his now pregnant ex wife leave the dance floor. He was so angry at this point.
Alice and Fp rejoined the other parents. They had just reached them when FP felt a cold hand on his shoulder. He quickly turned around and saw Hal.
"What the actual fuck FP!"
"Hal keep your voice down!" Hiram butted in
"I wouldn't get involved in your situation, this is something between me, and this prick!"
"Hal go away!" Alice yelled
"Shut up Alice!" Hal yelled right back at her
Fp turned around and said something to Alice
"Alice don't get involved. He'll hurt you. Stay here with the rest, I'll handle it"
Alice just nodded silently.
Hal had a dirty grin on his face. He and FP left the room leaving Alice with the rest of the parents.
"No way. Not happening" Alice said as he saw them exit. She spun around and ran towards the door, although she was closely followed by the rest of the parents.
Of course most of the people present saw the group of people run through the room, including Betty and jughead, who were with Kevin, Archie and Veronica.
As soon as Betty saw her mom run through the room and head for the door, she of course followed. She knew something was up, and didn't want her mother to get hurt.
The rest of the parents called after Alice, who was quickly walking towards Hal and FP. She didn't listen though.
"Alice come back!"
"Alice you're going to get hurt!"
She ignored them and headed towards Hal and FP, who were fighting.
Just as she reached them, Betty and the others also entered the hallway. The other parents held them back, preventing them from getting involved.
Alice didn't even hesitate. She got inbetween the two men and pulled Hal away from FP. She slapped him hard across the face.
"Leave him the fuck alone Hal!"
"What the fuck Alice! How could you do this to me!"
"Me!? Hal we're not even together anymore! Why do you care!?"
"I don't agree with it, that's what's wrong!"
"Well tough"
"No not tough! You fucking whore! The second we broke up, you went and fucked you're ex, and got all knocked up!"
"Don't you dare talk to her like that!" FP screamed
"Listen Hal, it was never you and me. You treated me like shit for 20 years. Don't you think it's time I get to be happy!? I love FP. I always have and I always will. And you can't do anything about it!"
Her words made Hal even angrier. He didn't care that she was pregnant, or that she was a woman. He raised his arm and slapped her across the cheek, and attempted to throw a punch too, however FP stopped him. He took Hal's arm, and twisted it causing him to yell in pain. He then shoved him into the wall and started beating him up.
Hermione quickly grabbed Alice's hand and led her away. They found a small room down the hallway and went in. There were a few tables and chairs, and they sat down. Fred, Hiram, Archie, jughead and Kevin remained in the hallway, whereas Mary, Betty and Veronica followed Hermione and Betty.
"Mom! Are you ok?!" Betty walked over to her mom and pulled her into a hug.
"I'm fine Betty"
"I can't believe he'd do that!"
„I'm sorry you had to see that sweetheart"
„Mom it's ok"
The two stood in the middle of the room in an embrace, while the others sat on the tables and chairs. They pulled apart, when they heard someone approaching the room. It was FP, who was closely followed by the rest of the guys. They stood outside the door, while FP came in. Betty joined Veronica, who was sat on one of the tables, so that FP could have a moment with Alice. Fp walked over to Alice and hugged her tightly.
"And?" Alice asked worriedly
"Don't worry, he won't be back"
"Are you ok? Did he hurt you?"
"A little bit, but don't worry it's not bad. As long as you're ok" he said, cupping her face
"I'm alright"
"No you're not" he said running a finger over the cut on her cheek. Alice flinched a little.
"It's not that bad, don't worry"
She gave him a reassuring smile. In that moment, they ignored the fact that everyone was staring at them, and kissed. It was short and delicate. The parents couldn't help but smile, seeing two of their best friends back together, however the kids found it a little uncomfortable. Alice turned around looked at her daughter.
"Betty, why don't you guys go back to the dance, I think I'm going to go home"
"Okay, see you later" she patted her mom on the shoulder and walked out the room followed by jughead, Veronica, Kevin and Archie, leaving the six of them alone.
FP grabbed Alice's waist and swung them around so they were facing the rest of the parents.
"What do you say, we all get out of here? Go to pops, like back in the day? Just the six of us?"
"Sounds like a Plan" Hiram answered.