Homecoming part 2

FP grabbed our jackets and we walked to his truck. We talked a little on our way to the school, mostly about jughead and Betty.
We pulled up and I decided to take a moment to thank FP because of what had happened that night.
„I just wanted to thank you again, FP, I can't imagine what would have happened if you hadn't been there" I felt the tears beginning to form but was able to keep them in.
„Don't worry, I've got your back" he said, resting his hand on mine.
„If he ever tries to hurt you again, you need to let me know" I
I nodded and felt a single tear drop down my cheek. FP was quick to notice and wiped it away. There was a moment of silence as we both sat there my hand in his.
"Come on, I'll walk you in"
Once again I nodded as he got out of the truck. He rushed around to my side and opened up the door. He assisted me in getting out and closed the door again once I had done so.
"Well I better get going" I said and started walking up to the school building. He quickly followed and before I entered the building he pulled me into a hug. It lasted quite a while but I didn't mind. I think at this point we both needed it. I could feel his heart beat against my chest, and it was a moment I never wanted to end. Eventually we pulled apart. We were still so close to one another, his dark brown eyes looking deeply into mine. He inched a little closer, his arm now gripped tightly around mine.
"Mrs c!" We quickly jumped apart as Veronica and Archie approached us. They looked very confused, but because of a totally different reason.
"Oh good, we need to talk" I quickly replied. Archie opened up the door to let me in and I quickly entered. As I did I could feel fp's hand slowly let go of my arm. Archie and Veronica quickly rushed off and I followed them. I quickly turned back to look at FP before I went around the corner. Damn. I knew things would have ended very differently if Veronica and Archie hadn't have interrupted us.
We entered the gym and Veronica told me that they searched through FP's trailer but didn't find anything. I was so relieved but I always act as if him and I are enemies so I pretended to act concerned and asked if they had absolutely checked everything. Knowing Veronica, I knew she had checked everywhere. That's why I trusted her with this. I knew she would figure out the truth. I thanked them before heading over to get a drink.
*
It had been about a half hour and I had somehow ended up talking to Fred. He was telling me about his construction business and I wasn't really interested but I decided to be civilised anyway. All of a sudden Kevin approached us.
"Mrs c, mr Andrews, I just got off the phone with my dad, FP was just arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom"
From then on everything went blurry. We raced to find jughead, Betty, Archie and Veronica. We found them in the hall outside of the gym, and Kevin broke the news. Sure enough jughead took off, the rest following him. We all ran outside and gathered in front of the school.
I needed a moment, I could feel the tears coming. I left the scene and rushed over to the parking lot. Realising FP had driven me and I didn't have a car, I decided to walk home.
"Mom, where are you going?!"
I heard Betty shout
"I'm going home" i shouted back, my voice breaking as I did. I knew she wouldn't come after me, so I carried on walking. I reached our house and once I was inside and the door was closed I let go of myself. I broke down. He didn't kill Jason blossom and I knew it. How did this happen?
I felt something buzzing in my pocket. I took out my phone only to see it was an unknown number. Normally I decline them but for some reason I decided to answer it.
"Hello?" My voice was shaky as I was still in the middle of my meltdown.
"Alice?!"
It was FP. I recognised his voice instantly.
"Oh my god, what happened??" I asked, starting to cry again.
"Don't worry Alice, I'm calling to let you know that I'm ok."
"But—"
"Alice listen to me. Come down to the station tomorrow morning, I'll explain everything"
I didn't know wether to be angry or sad, but I knew it wasn't him so I decided to trust him.
"I'll be there"
"Good, and please reassure jughead that I'll be ok, I was only allowed one phone call"
"I will"
"I need to go, they're about to cut me off—"
And with that being said, the phone call ended.