Chapter 12: I Want to Break Free [Part 4] |Sabriel|

//Gabriel's POV//

I woke up, turning my alarm off. I get out of bed, stagger to the bathroom and do my business. I then strip and get in the shower, once I was done I did a quick dry of my body and hair then wrap my towel around my waist. I walk back to my room, then get dressed.

I walked downstairs, mom and dad are gone already, I shrug and grab a muffin mom made last night. I went out to my car, got in and started to drive to work. It was ten to six when I pulled up. I got out of my car, to the doors and opened it. I flipped the sign and turn the sign on, then walked around to the tables flipping the chair back to where they'd be.

I walked behind the counter, started to turn on the machines so they would warm up a little. Then my regulars came in, I made their coffees just like that and it was slow. Sam walked in, when I had more people, he had his laptop, hmm maybe he just wanted to get out of the house. Hael my morning co-worker finished with inventory from the shipment and she walked back out. "Hael, can you take over I'm going on a ten minute break." I say, she smiles.

"Sure thing Gabriel." Hael says, I return the smile, she started the next person's order and I walked over to Sam.

I sat down, "May I hel- oh Gabriel, hey." Sam says and I chuckle.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask and he looks at his laptop.

"I have to finish a couple of my college resumes and applications, but I wanted to see you, also needed more coffee, an-" I cut off Sam's fast-talking.

"It doesn't sound like you need more coffee."

"I appreciate your opinion but I need more coffee, anyways Dean was being especially bothersome this morning." Sam sighs and I nod.

"Well, at least you're not complaining about me taking today's shift when I'm off Fridays." I point out and he shrugs with a smile.

"How can I be angry about that when you're spending the night tonight anyways?" Sam questions still smiling.

"I suppose, so I have about five more minutes."

"Gabriel, I have a serious topic discussion question for us to talk about later." he randomly says and I nod, furrowing my eyebrows. "Right now, however I still really need coffee."

"You know what Sam?" I ask he raises his eyebrows telling me to continue, "I hate when you do that, we have to talk about something, later though, it's a six hour shift when you do this to me." I finish and he gives me a nice smile. "That is also unfair, your smile is my kryptonite and you know that." I add and he keeps smiling with a nod. "Anything specific or?" he shakes his head.

I walked behind the counter, I started to make a butterbeer latte, I took it to Sam when I was done. He gives me a nod of thanks, I walked away, I wrote down on a piece of paper of what Sam will owe, knowing he's not leaving.

I was helping, Hael with orders, Sam walked up for another one. "Random." Sam says and I nod. I made a coffee, gave it to him and he walks away with a nod. I wrote that down.

By the time my shift ended, Sam had ordered six coffees.

//Sam's POV//

I had packed all of my stuff back into my bag. I walked up to the counter, "How much?" I ask and Gabriel holds up a finger. He puts it into the register with the list,

"ten even." he says, I pull out a ten. I grabbed a couple of singles and put it into the tip jar.

I grabbed my bag, left to my car. Couple minutes later, Gabriel walks out, he walks over to me, "meet me at my house, so we can just take your car?" Gabriel asks and I nod with a smile.