Chapter 21: Carry On Wayward Son [Part 1] |Michifer|

//Michael's POV//

It's been a week since Lucifer wouldn't get out of the house. Now he's constantly out of the house, I begged dad to let him help out in the office, just so he's doing something that isn't just sitting. Don't get me wrong I didn't force Lucifer to do anything, he was slowly doing it by himself, I was just there to give him a little push. Lucifer accepted my dad's offer, both of them are humble and quiet they shouldn't have any problems. It's also not like I've never formally introduced Lucifer to my parents either.

Lucifer and I went to the shop, Lucifer told my dad that he didn't want to be paid and that he's just doing this for my sake. Which wow that is so twisted but hey he's doing something. However, today is payday of course that is after we're done working. Lucifer is doing small things like answering the phone and writing down the appointments, while my dad is dealing with the accountant who is always stubborn for some ungodly known reason. Lucifer unknowingly is getting a paycheck today because, well that's just my dad.

It was our lunch break, so we all left, Dean went home, however, because he said something about a slow cooker; that Castiel, Sam, and Gabriel, can't cook to save their lives so he has to check on that. Whatever, so Lucifer and I are going to the diner. Our lunch break seemed pretty short since now we're back at the shop. Lucifer was back in the office.

//Lucifer's POV//

I sat down I was about to write down the appointments into the book that Andy wrote on sticky notes, when he violently hung up the phone which made me jump. "Oh, I'm sorry Lucifer." Andy apologizes and I nodded.

"It's alright, is there anything else you need me to do?" I asked, I realized the appointments I wrote down were for Monday and Tuesday, not today.

"Are there any more appointments for today?" he asks with a rather noticeable sigh.

"The only appointments for today are the ones that they're working on right now." I answer him and he nodded.

"Alright, tell them that they can close shop after these ones."

I nodded walking out of the office. "Dean, Michael, once you're done with these you can close shop." I told them, the two nodded and high fived, I smiled at their friendship. I walked back in the office taking a seat in the chair.

"Here." Andy says nonchalantly as he handed me an envelope, I give him a confused look then I realized what it was.

"I said you didn't have to pay me."

"I know Lucifer, however, I have to well I don't have to but I have to." Andy says then laughs as I give him a confused look.

"Now I know where Michael gets it from." I said that and Michael lightly punches my shoulder.

"I am not like my dad." Michael says offensively and Andy raises his eyebrows.

"The hell you're not." Andy says and Michael and him stare down then laugh.

"It's uncanny." I laugh out.

The shop was closed and we're driving home... to Michael's home. I smile at him randomly well not really randomly because in my head I just said home. I am literally talking in my head but hey what's new.

"Lucifer, whatcha thinking about?" Michael asks softly as he grabs my hand.

"Nothing, just thinking about how we're going home." I say with a soft smile.

"My baby is just too precious." I blush at that, he smiles. Michael pulls into the driveway. "Could you get the mail, baby?" Michael asks and I nodded with a smile. I walk over to the mailbox, as he's unlocking the door.