Chapter 2: Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop |Sabriel|

//Sam's POV//

It was just about six when I saw a coffee shop. I pulled into it, typically coffee shops are open oh well I'll just wait maybe have a little nap here. I hear another car pull up but I had my eyes closed. Couple minutes later I hear knocking on my window, I jumped a little.

I got out of the car.

"Looks like you need some coffee, come along." says the short stranger.

"That'd be great." I say and he opens the shop. Alchemy Coffee, I remember mom used to work here before.

"What would you like?" he asks and I look up at the menu that has some strange things.

"Honestly I'll drink anything." I say and he nods with a smile. He starts making the coffee and I notice what he's doing, no way.

"Here you go." he says and I smiled, I took a drink, it sure is what I thought he made.

"Probably one of the best Butterbeer lattes I've ever had." I say and he beams.

"Harry Potter fan, huh?" he asks and I nod.

"Probably one of the biggest who's not afraid to admit it." I say and there was a nice silence and he smiles.

"So what's your name, Harry Potter Boy?" he asks and I chuckle.

"My name is Sam, and your's?" I ask and he smiles.

"Gabriel, they call me Gabriel." he says and I kinda chuckle.

//Gabriel's POV//

"Gabriel, they call me Gabriel." I say and Sam chuckles. So adorable. "I've never seen you around before, new or just passing by?" I ask and he sipped his coffee.

"Actually I've lived here up until I was eight or nine, but I moved to Sioux Falls, South Dakota but now I'm moving back to live with my brother." Sam says and I nod.

"Really? Why did you move if you don't mind." I ask and he took another sip.

"My parents died in a house fire and I'm moving back because my brother moved back here when he was eighteen and said that once I was eighteen I can come live with him after I graduate." Sam says and I give him a sympathetic look and he shakes his head. "No sympathy it was a long time ago well ten years ago." he adds and I smile. He finished his coffee and just stares at it.

"Want another coffee?" I ask and he nods. "Same or different?" I ask and he thinks.

"Different, it doesn't matter." he says and I nod. I make him one of my favorites which was actually just a simple peppermint mocha latte but it has an extra shot of espresso.

I give him the coffee and he takes a drink and he had a look of bliss on his face. "Peppermint mocha is my favorite." he says and I smile. I like this kid. I think to myself and I just smile.

"Mine too." I say and he nods. I started to get my regulars; I made theirs and they were gone. Sam was texting someone then threw is cup away.

"Can I get another?" he asks and I nod. "Different." he adds and I nod.

I made him another cup of coffee. I look at the time and my regulars come in and I make theirs. And so the process repeats. Sam had two more coffee then decided that he had to leave.

"How much?" Sam asks and I look at him and smile.

"Nothing on the house." I say and he sighs.

"Gabriel, seriously how much?" Sam asks and I smile and shake my head. "Fine here's a ten that should cover it and leave a dollar tip." Sam adds and puts a ten down and slide it to me, I slide it back, then this happens until he sighs and slides it back to me and walks away.