Chapter 10: I Want to Break Free [Part 2] |Destiel|

//Dean's POV//

It's been about two weeks since we made it official. Actually I'm on my way to pick up Castiel. Once I get to his house he walks out and gets in the impala right away.

"What's wrong?" I ask since he has a frustrated look on his face.

"Nothing it's just Charlie bringing up the inevitable. So what are we doing tonight?" Castiel asks and I nod then shake my head.

"I'm not starting this car or telling you until you tell me what you mean by the inevitable." I say and he sighs and looks at me, he kinda leans back in his seat.

"I'll have to be back in New York by August 20th for classes and long distance relationships rarely work out and I told Charlie not to get attached to Jo even though, well let's face it I'm getting attached to you." Castiel sighs and looks out the window when he says the last part.

"Well this is what your last year at NYU?" I asked and he nods. "You'll come back here once you're done right?" I follow up and he nods.

"Yea for a little while though until I get everything figured out." Castiel says and I nod with a sigh.

"I should've just started the car." I sigh then I started the car and I started to drive us to this restaurant that was '50s themed.

"I love the '50s." Castiel says and I nod.

"I know." I say, a waitress came over by us.

"What can I get you two?" She asks, Missouri, she's an older black lady.

"Chocolate milkshake." I say with a smile and she nods.

"Vanilla milkshake." Castiel says and she nods and walks away. Missouri comes back with our shakes, then we ordered food. I got one of their specialty Cheeseburgers, and Castiel just got a regular hamburger with their classic fries, I on the other hand got their homemade waffle fries.

We were in a kind of uncomfortable silence. Missouri comes back with our food, we ate in said uncomfortable silence. Missouri came back every once in a while to check in.

"Can I have one of those?" Castiel asks looking at the waffle fries and I nod. Castiel took one, "these are so good." Castiel says and I nod.

"Yea, I always get these, at first I was like ehh waffle fries are waffle fries. Michael came here to get food before he came to my house and he got me waffle fries and I just kept ordering them." I say and he nods.

"Sounds pretty solid." Castiel says and I nod.

We finished and left after I paid. We got in the car, heading to my house like planned still in the uncomfortable silence.

"This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you. Now it's just weird and awkward between us." Castiel says after we were sitting at a stop sign for a while.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie, I just don't know now, I mean sure we still have well over half the summer left but still.

"Please, Dean, don't do that, you know what I'm talking about. Can't it just be normal? Please?" Castiel pleads and he never does, honestly he hardly whines.

"I mean we are still going to my place." I say and he nods, we fell into silence again this time not as tense. I finally pulled into my driveway, Sammy is gone, probably at Alchemy's. I think to myself.

We walked into the house, and we decided to watch a movie. So we watched Ghost Ship which is on Netflix. Castiel got up, "I'll be right back." he says and I nod and pause the movie, he I assumes goes to the bathroom. He comes back, instead of sitting where he normally sits he cradles my lap with his hips.