Chapter 19: The Ghost of You |Destiel|

//Castiel's POV//

"I'm across the state, Dean if this is how you're going to act when I'm in New York I'm seriously going to have a problem." I tell Dean sternly, I'm across the state visiting my grandparents. "I told you this before that I would have to be gone for a few days because I haven't seen them for a couple of years." I reminded Dean and he sighs.

"I know, but I want to see you, I miss you." Dean says for the umpteenth time.

"Baby, I'll be home in two days." I tell him and he sighs again.

"Yea, but you'll be home for what two and a half weeks then you're gone to New York, where you'll find the love of your life, and forget about me."

"Dean if I haven't found the love of my life there, for the past three years that I've been living there, then quite frank I don't think I'll find him, there within these nine months."

"There's still that possibility." I shake my head, even though he can't see me, I'm smiling to myself.

"Well that is if you find yourself in New York in those nine months."

"Nine months is a lot of time, and you could realize that your dorm mate is the love of your life. Back to the point, I just miss you, I wanna kiss you, and I wanna hold you. I also just have to say that I love you so much."

"I love you so much, too." I smile at his obliviousness to what I've just said. "I have to go, Dean, my grandparents are back from the store, and I need to help them." I told him, as I see my grandparents pull up the winding driveway.

"Okay, remember I love you."

"I remember, do you remember that I love you?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll talk to you later, baby."

"Talk to you later, love." I smile then hang up. I walk down the porch steps, to the car of my grandparents.

"Was that your boyfriend?" grandma asks me and I nodded, shyly.

"I don't understand why he didn't just come with you." grandpa says bitterly; which really is just his normal tone.

"Well, few reasons actually, I didn't want him to come with me because I don't know if he's the one, I also wanted to spend time with you two, and he had to work."

"You don't know if he's the one, pft, you talk about him non-stop, you've shown us a lot of pictures, and there's a fondness in your voice when you talk about him, and when you're on the phone with him. You can not tell me that you're uncertain, let alone the fact that you've made it three years and the year that you're almost done with school, you think about dropping out because of that boy. He's the one, son." grandpa tells me and I chuckle, my face heating up.

"Don't embarrass the poor boy, besides that, he calls him every morning and every night, and non-stop texts him." grandma adds, which grandpa just nods, I let out a sigh. I grabbed the bags that they didn't grab which was just about all of them, then I followed them to the house.

"I get it." I tell them the two laugh. "Maybe I'll be able to have what you two have."

"We both know what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work." grandpa says, I sigh.

"Alright, well, I'm going to go for my run, now that you two are back." I say, grandma nods.

"Okay, Castiel make sure you stick to the trail."

"As always, grandma." I tell her, then I walk out the door since I was already dressed for my run.

//Dean's POV//